List of Remaining Free Agents-Who Do You Want?

Rene88

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, PaulFolk said:

I wrote a story for BaltimoreBaseball about some of the remaining free agents the Orioles could be interested in:

http://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2017/02/09/leftover-free-agents-fit-orioles/

Great article. Staying away from the analytics a bit, Angel Pagan is a guy that you just want on your team in a big game. Gritty, annoying, pesky, fiery, are all verbs that come to mind. He could really give us a spark. That being said, I think Bourn is the guy and he will help us and will accept his role. On the pitching side of things, I think Wood is a no brainer if we can get him to accept the role of a 6th man coming into camp.   

49 minutes ago, mskrulz said:

Great article. Staying away from the analytics a bit, Angel Pagan is a guy that you just want on your team in a big game. Gritty, annoying, pesky, fiery, are all verbs that come to mind. He could really give us a spark. That being said, I think Bourn is the guy and he will help us and will accept his role. On the pitching side of things, I think Wood is a no brainer if we can get him to accept the role of a 6th man coming into camp.   

Thanks. My question about Pagan is how often he would play. Is he good enough at this point of his career to bump Kim or Smith to the bench, even against righties? If not, would he be happy in a part-time role, maybe as a platoon guy against lefties?

My top choice among the outfielders would be Gutierrez, if his body will still allow him to play a corner outfield spot defensively. (Granted, that's a big if.) He has lefty-mashing skills that I think this team needs.

42 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

Thanks. My question about Pagan is how often he would play. Is he good enough at this point of his career to bump Kim or Smith to the bench, even against righties? If not, would he be happy in a part-time role, maybe as a platoon guy against lefties?

My top choice among the outfielders would be Gutierrez, if his body will still allow him to play a corner outfield spot defensively. (Granted, that's a big if.) He has lefty-mashing skills that I think this team needs.

Yeah I don't disagree. I like Gutierrez I just wonder if he can ever stay healthy long enough to contribute.

Archived