Tillman is Back

backwardsk

19 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Maybe he re hurt it. 

It did not feel good in December. He told the staff and had the injection on Dec 22. He says if feels better now and has tossed four times. According to Chris it was not a new injury. 

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, mskrulz said:

Exactly the reason we should have signed Alex Wood. You can't expect 5 starters to stay healthy. And, they had to know about this one.

I'm starting to think the acquisition of Ynoa just became much bigger. Gotta think he's the favorite for the 5th starter spot if Tillman can't make a start on the best case scenario on April 9th. Wright, Verrett, and Wilson should also be in the conversation.

10 minutes ago, weams said:

I did not feel good in December, He told the staff and had the injection on Dec 22. He says if feels better now and has tossed four times. According to Chris it was not a new injury. 

I feel a bit more optimistic now than I did when the news was first reported.    Still, it's a cruel reminder on the 2nd day of spring training that things don't always go as planned, and injuries can ruin a season.   We won't be able to exhale for a couple of months.

15 hours ago, pastorfan said:

DD did his thing. He ignored an obvious problem and did not sign Hammel. Meanwhile, let's think about this. Tillman's shoulder is bothering him before he even throws a pitch in the spring. This means the guy is not going to contribute in any meaningful way this year; unless anyone actually thinks that his shoulder will miraculously get better with a much heavier work load. Hey, who needs pitching an defense?

This seems like a tremendous leap in logic. A sore shoulder isn't necessarily a death sentence.

16 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

If you are willing to give a AAAA pitcher like Wilson or Wright a spot start on the 15th, you can go till the 20th until you need Tillman back.

Actually you can go until the 25th. Thanks to off days, the O's only need a fifth starter twice in April: the 15th and the 25th. Then they don't need one until May 2.

1 hour ago, PaulFolk said:

This seems like a tremendous leap in logic. A sore shoulder isn't necessarily a death sentence.

Some teams are having Tommy John surgeries already. Teams with great histories and development. A baseball was not meant to be thrown overhand by the human body. that's why you don't sign pitchers for four or five years. 

2 hours ago, PaulFolk said:

Actually you can go until the 25th. Thanks to off days, the O's only need a fifth starter twice in April: the 15th and the 25th. Then they don't need one until May 2.

Just to correct myself-- the second time the O's will need a fifth starter is the 22nd, not the 25th.

But my overall point still stands. They only need a fifth starter twice in April: the 15th and the 22nd.

21 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Looking forward to Ubaldo taking the ball for OD.

Ya know, I'll bet your statement raised a lot of eyebrows and if this comes to fruition, most fans will be wringing their hands over it.  Giving Ubaldo the OD assignment would be the supreme vote of confidence from Buck.  It would be like a movie script.  The drama would be huge!  It would be fascinating to anticipate the crowd's reaction, when his name is announced during the OD ceremonies.  If you have a heart in your chest, ya gotta feel compassion and love for this guy.  We all know how likable he is, as a person and how devastated he felt, watching that Encarnacion ball fly into the stands.  So, yeah, Can of Corn, I agree with ya.  The ultimate chance at redemption against the same team that crushed all our hopes last year.  I have faith in Ubaldo's ability, his heart. to meet the challenge and the Karma this scenerio would afford.  Good call, Can of Corn!

Archived