TT: Vidal Nuno becomes front runner for long reliever role

Tony-OH

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

VIDAL VICENTE NUNO o)o (vs, D-RAYS, 3/04)o[Spring Training]

Nunez pitched 2 shutout innings, recording all 6 outs via the groundout and the strikeout ......... 4 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 1 Strikeout.

After a 1-2-3 4th inning, he allowed a one-out single in the 5th. That runner was erased via a double play to end the inning.

• 3 weeks later...

o

12 OUTS: 5 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play),  2 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Strikeout, 1 Popout 

VIDAL VICENTE NUNO o)))o (vs, RED SOX, 3/20) oo [Spring Training]

IP:;)lll1.67 )l  *

H:l)))l  4 (2 Doubles, 2 Singles) ll

R:ll))l) 3

BB:oll)

SO:l))l 2

Pitches: l)na(Unavailable)

2017 ERA: l).  5.400)(Spring Training)

2017 WHIP: l .01.349 )(Spring Training)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l).02.96 )(Spring Training)

* )))Nuno recorded 2 outs before departing in the 2nd inning.

PITCHES BY INNING

(Unavailable)

o

1 hour ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Or Drake

Nope.  I've been pulling for Drake but this spring he has not shown much at all.  I think he is out of options so I think he starts the season with the Os but if he continues to struggle he will be on a short leash.  

1 hour ago, terps19 said:

Nope.  I've been pulling for Drake but this spring he has not shown much at all.  I think he is out of options so I think he starts the season with the Os but if he continues to struggle he will be on a short leash.  

I like Drake, but I just don't see him being a solid option on the big club 

Our starting depth is laughable, not sure why the O's are sitting on their hands. I like nobody in this group. Wright is probably best option and he's awful too.

Drake is all but DFA-ed.

Nuno def hurt his cause. Not surprising, but definitely disappointing.

I don't want to see Clevenger anywhere near this team. I'll write letters if he is signed. My friend knows his family too, but his comments are ignorant and not something one changes their minds about overnight. With the current political climate, shocked he hasn't been signed by someone in a deep red state though.

39 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Our starting depth is laughable, not sure why the O's are sitting on their hands. I like nobody in this group. Wright is probably best option and he's awful too.

Drake is all but DFA-ed.

Nuno def hurt his cause. Not surprising, but definitely disappointing.

I don't want to see Clevenger anywhere near this team. I'll write letters if he is signed. My friend knows his family too, but his comments are ignorant and not something one changes their minds about overnight. With the current political climate, shocked he hasn't been signed by someone in a deep red state though.

Should be going after Fister IMO... durable and will give you innings.  

2 hours ago, terps19 said:

Nah. DFA him after ST. Better chance of getting through waivers

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

Nah. DFA him after ST. Better chance of getting through waivers

From what I have read previously it sounded like he was going to make the OD roster bc he was out of options.  Who knows... I wouldnt lose any sleep over it.  

Archived