Pedro back. (Will he opt out?)

oriolesacox

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Further evidence that the O's overpaid for Trumbo.

You win some, you lose some.

Starting pitching is where the margin for error is very slim, batters less so (Davis contract was huge though).

Suggestion: next bargaining agreement, teams do price matching within 90 days to avoid overpayment:) That way Corn won't complain so much:)

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

I think Tavaraz and Santander deserve a shot. They both unquestionably have more range than Trumbo, Kim and now Alvarez in the OF.  Now it seems like a sure thing they wont be in Baltimore. 

What part of "minor league deal" don't you understand?   Adding Alvarez doesn't affect the Rule 5 guys one iota.   If they don't make the team, it'll be because the other outfielders in camp beat them out.  

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Further evidence that the O's overpaid for Trumbo.

The O's can't platoon at LF, RF and DH while keeping a UIF and BC.   There are not enough spots on the 25 man roster.  If Trumbo hits lefties the way he has in his career he is a lot more valuable to the O's than Pedro.

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What part of "minor league deal" don't you understand?   Adding Alvarez doesn't affect the Rule 5 guys one iota.   If they don't make the team, it'll be because the other outfielders in camp beat them out.  

They aren't going to keep Alvarez in AAA unless they want him to play OF in Norfolk fulltime to get reps. But for one season why bother? It makes more sense to slot Alvarez at DH and Trumbo back to the OF. 

14 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Just a week ago it was assumed Smith and Rickard would be playing RF with Trumbo the primary DH. . 

Rickard has options. I doubt he makes the OD roster. Buck likes veterans. They won't lose Bourn or whoever if they can stash Rickard in Triple A. 

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

I personally believe Kim or Smith gets traded...I think it will be Kim. Hope not but it seems he's been on his way out from day 1.

Going by the free agent market for poor OF's, I doubt Kim has much trade value. 

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What are your thoughts here? Santander has stuck out 10 out of 20 at bats, but is scheduled to play the field. I think the only hope for either guy is Santander and that's if he is "convinced" to do the DL thing.

5 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I personally believe Kim or Smith gets traded...I think it will be Kim. Hope not but it seems he's been on his way out from day 1.

Would make sense, but man would that kill our OBP as a team.

Archived