Joey Rickard

weams

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The more likely scenario is that every team passes on him, then we have to offer him back to the Indians for $50k, and they take him back and put him in AA.   Unlike the other teams, the Indians don’t have to keep him in the majors if they take him back.   

They waited this long and the team is not doing well anyhow,might as well wait the extra couple of weeks now. Not like anyone is playing that well in the minors. Hays has been ok at best. Mullins might need a little more time. Rasmus may never be seen again.  

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

They waited this long and the team is not doing well anyhow,might as well wait the extra couple of weeks now. Not like anyone is playing that well in the minors. Hays has been ok at best. Mullins might need a little more time. Rasmus may never be seen again.  

They knew at the onset that Rasmus was a risky gamble.

It's about f&*#@n time.  Now I'm counting down the days until Santander gets sent down.  Rickard is a AAAA but that's light years better than a single A one.  Hope I don't see Santander in an Orioles uniform until 2020 at least.  He clearly needs about 500-800 more AB of seasoning in the minors.  

13 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

Why not Hays or Mullins? I'd rather watch one of them than Rickard. 

Hays is not hitting well.   Mullins isn’t on the 40-man roster and hasn’t even played AAA.  They both need seasoning.   

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Hays is not hitting well.   Mullins isn’t on the 40-man roster and hasn’t even played AAA.  They both need seasoning.   

Rickard is what is known as a “stop gap” player. Everyone needs to brush up on their rebuilding vocabulary.  

The AA guys all need a few 100 more ABs in the minors. 

Archived