MLB has reached the level of being a joke

Nite

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bahama O's Fan said:

What happened to Jones? Sorry, not able to watch the game.

Got ejected for arguing balls and strikes.  Threw his helmet.  I think that's an automatic fine.

For the record I haven't been watching since the Gausman ejection, just too annoyed.

23 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

This is a farce.  You have bad control on a slider and that is an ejection.  Chris Sale throws a 98 MPH fastball that could shatter Manny's knee cap, you get a warning, no big deal.

Look at Sale's dominance last night and Gausman's recent inconsistency, and the umps decide to throw out Gausman. 

What happens if bad Ubaldo shows up and plunks a hitter, does he automatically get tossed?

Sounds like a plan. 

Someone told me about Jones so I looked at the replay. Joke again. He didn't like a previous call and after he swung and missed he said some words while walking away. The thin skinned ump instantly tossed him. MLB better do something about this otherwise the perception that they will let the Sox do anything will continue and the league as a whole will still look like a joke.

22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

In hindsight Buck should have just pulled his team from the field when Gausman was ejected.  Better a forfeit and a message sent than destroying the pen.

Jones is now out of the game as well.

That was my initial reaction and what I would have done if I was Buck. Not going to play under these joke conditions.

I think it was just because the umpires were on high alert with all the recent bs, and came out with the goal of keeping everyone on a tight leash and keeping the game under control.  And because of that the home plate ump made the wrong call in the moment.  But I understand why he did it and figure it was just a mistake.  He'd probably like to take it back but it's hard to uneject a guy from a game.

33 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Got ejected for arguing balls and strikes.  Threw his helmet.  I think that's an automatic fine.

For the record I haven't been watching since the Gausman ejection, just too annoyed.

I didn't see Jones throw his helmet. I think he just said a few choice words as he walked away, and that was all the ump needed to hear.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

With the O's having 17 straight games this is the type of situation that could have a long term impact on the season. 

Absolutely ridiculous and it's a shame the other umps didn't have the guts to get together and overturn the decision.

And can we get a mod to move this to rants?

I completely understand your suggestion for moving the thread.    But I came here after catching up on record specifically for this thread.  Well not THIS thread,  but you know what I mean.   And the activity link is not what the "new posts" link was.  Just an aside, but in the end I'm glad the thread is here. 

As for what happened with Gausman getting tossed, I have not yelled at the TV in quite a while in anger. But that was absolutely ridiculous and I would really hope there is some kind of umpire review and penalty for this. I understand they were trying to keep things under control, but you need to be professional as well. The impact of this could be for multiple games! 

12 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

You sure can't say that Gausman's objection was why the Orioles lost this game.

You can't say one way or the other.  But it certainly put the Orioles at an unfair advantage. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

In hindsight Buck should have just pulled his team from the field when Gausman was ejected.  Better a forfeit and a message sent than destroying the pen.

Jones is now out of the game as well.

This would have been an Earl Weaver move. 

Archived