And The Yankees Look Dangerous.

ORIOLE33

We can hope that they're just a flash in the pan, but that team looks scary, particularly on offense. 

I absolutely hate seeing what I'm seeing, but top to bottom, that offense looks way better than ours. If we're going to keep up, we better start hitting HR's.

Bos and NYY have played an easier schedule than us so far.  Our only non AL East games have come in an NL ballpark.  They've both played less AL East games and played NL teams in AL Ballparks.  

Who you play matters.  We've had the toughest schedule in baseball this year.  All AL East teams.  

I said last year after they made all of the moves that they were going to be a force for many years to come. We keep putting the same team back out on the field and expect to win. i don't get that at all. The Yankees are stacked with young studs and are going to be a force to reckon with for many years to come. I don't see the Orioles being very relevant, the way our future looks. We are most likely going to lose Manny. Chris Davis was a huge mistake. I thought we also made a mistake resigning Trumbo. He played over his head last year. It doesn't look very good for our future as an O's fan.

They've been doing it without Sanchez who was their best player in the second half last year, and he'll be back this weekend.

The O's signed a bunch of dead weight veterans (Hardy, O'day, Davis, Trumbo), the Yankees went to work and drafted and developed.

23 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

They've been doing it without Sanchez who was their best player in the second half last year, and he'll be back this weekend.

The O's signed a bunch of dead weight veterans (Hardy, O'day, Davis, Trumbo), the Yankees went to work and drafted and developed.

Gardner, Ellsbury, Holliday, and Headley are all on the wrong side of 30 and playing above their heads right now. Don't act like every guy on that team is a guy they developed.

10 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Our bad contracts v. NYY?   Really?  Ellsbury, Gardner, CC, Headley.  Oh don't forget that they are paying Arod this year, talk about dead weight.  

However, I do agree that we should have signed Holliday over Trumbo.  The fans would have hated it, but Holliday's OBP would have helped our lineup.  

25 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

I have never heard such great insight from you. Anyhow, in a couple of years most of those contracts will be gone, and the team may once again be a last place team. Just something to look forward too.

No way Judge keeps this up.  He has been swing at balls outside the zone a lot less than last year but he has some unsustainable peripheral numbers.  

54% HR/ fly ball rate.  

.489 ISO

He is also super suceptible to pitches that sink, as you would expect a 6'7" player to be.  The league will adjust.

45 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I think that their starting pitching will ultimately do them in. I just don't buy that Severino and Pineda will continue to be this good on a consistent basis.

o

Also ...... CC Sabathia started out the season great in his first 3 starts, and was then shelled in his next 3 starts

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.fcgi?id=sabatc.01&t=p&year=2017

o

Archived