That's what you call a great split.

BarclaySouthway

A lot of positives to be drawn from that series.  Manny's superman performance, of course.  Quality starts by Asher and Wilson in a tough environment.  Another Norfolk Shuttle guy in Bleier doing his job and saving the bullpen. Contributions team-wide in the victories to play them to a draw.  It may be hard to quantify, but they showed mental toughness tonight.  It was an exhausting series to watch; I can't imagine what it was like to play.  5-4 against Boston so far this year. Great series. 

Agreed. Jones and Hardy continued to be at least alive at the plate, and we got some very good contributions from unexpected places like Caleb Joseph and Seth Smith. The only conspicuously suffering offensive regular right now seems to be Trumbo. 

It's really heartening that our non-superstar pitchers are capable of throwing a good game, though... under a lot of pressure, too. I'm more worried about the likes of Gausman and Ubaldo right now than I am about our AAAA starters and long-men (Asher, Aquino, Bleier, Wilson).

Tillman returning will be great, though. Hopefully.

7 hours ago, allquixotic said:

Agreed. Jones and Hardy continued to be at least alive at the plate, and we got some very good contributions from unexpected places like Caleb Joseph and Seth Smith. 

You didn't expect Smith to be a pretty decent contributor?    Lumping him in with Caleb seems odd.

Archived