37 seconds....

big_sparxx

The unfortunate part for me living outside the US is that I can't get MASN feed for every game. Watching NESN is often the pain I suffer with when we play Boston, and their incessant hatred of Manny has now taken an even more sick twist. They've timed his home run trot, noting that on Wednesdayy night it was a whopping... 37 seconds. last night was close 30 something....

They want this rivalry.... badly.

We are now into the sixth season since September 28, 2011.  (What a lovely night that was!)  Since the beginning of the 2012 season the Orioles have gone 59-44 against the Red Sox.  The Red Sox have won only one season series against the O's during that time - 2016.

I guess if I was a Red Sox fan I would be upset too.  I don't get the stopwatch thing though, isn't the W-L record painful enough?

Manny definitely admired the shot against Sale and took his sweet time jogging the bases. And I loved it! :) But I'm sure some OH posters would have noted an opposing player doing it if the roles were reversed. Manny is a, umm, confident person...and that's going to rub opposing fans the wrong way at times and broadcasters are going to notice too. It's natural. 

37 minutes ago, big_sparxx said:

The unfortunate part for me living outside the US is that I can't get MASN feed for every game. Watching NESN is often the pain I suffer with when we play Boston, and their incessant hatred of Manny has now taken an even more sick twist. They've timed his home run trot, noting that on Wednesdayy night it was a whopping... 37 seconds. last night was close 30 something....

They want this rivalry.... badly.

I'm not quite sure what they're talking about, since Manny didn't even hit a home run on Wednesday.    As outlined in another thread, there's a list through early 2016 of the 22 slowest recorded home run trots.   The Red Sox's David Ortiz dominates the list, with 12 of the 22 entries, all over 30 seconds in length.   Each of Manny's three home run trots in this series was under 30 seconds, so while I have little doubt that he was dragging it out a little bit, perhaps Red Sox Nation should just shut up.

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I'm not quite sure what they're talking about, since Manny didn't even hit a home run on Wednesday.    As outlined in another thread, there's a list through early 2016 of the 22 slowest recorded home run trots.   The Red Sox's David Ortiz dominates the list, with 12 of the 22 entries, all over 30 seconds in length.   Each of Manny's three home run trots in this series was under 30 seconds, so while I have little doubt that he was dragging it out a little bit, perhaps Red Sox Nation should just shut up.

That's like asking the sun to rise in the west instead of the east.

22 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

I loved it. He gets thrown at five times, and he responds by keeping his calm on the field, making some stellar plays, and hitting three bombs. 

o

Reggie Jackson had a knack for hitting home runs after getting knocked down by pitchesFrank Robinson would often get line drive hits right up the middle after getting knocked down by pitches.

Machado has been doing very much the same thing in his still very young career.

o

30 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

I loved it. Gets thrown at five times. Responds by keeping his calm on the field, making some stellar plays, and hitting three bombs. 

This. Manay has done the Orioles and it's fans proud this year vs Boston!

Archived