Luis Hernandez Appreciation Thread

TGO

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought to have an appreciation thread about you, you had to be appreciated in the first place? Well this has been a bizarre evening. I guess the Hangout has done an about face about LH now that he is gone??

They always say you dont know what you have until its gone. :(

I will appreciate Luis over some of the other middle infield zeros of the past 10 years:

Bernie Castro

Ivanon Coffie

Deivi Cruz

Delino DeShields

Brandon Fahey

Mark Lewis

Luis Lopez

Jose Morban

Mike Moriarty

Ed Rogers

Eider Torres

I will appreciate Luis over some of the other middle infield zeros of the past 10 years:

Bernie Castro

Ivanon Coffie

Deivi Cruz

Delino DeShields

Brandon Fahey

Mark Lewis

Luis Lopez

Jose Morban

Mike Moriarty

Ed Rogers

Eider Torres

That is one craptacular list.

I liked Luis Hernadez because unlike most of the rest of the team, he knew he couldn't hit and willingly gave himself up to move the runner. He was good at that. If 5-6 other guys on the team could have done as well in that regard, we would have 2-3 more wins at least.

You know taking potshots at a 23 year old, who may have just lost his best shot at playing major league baseball, is not cool.

How would you feel it you just lost your dream job the one that worked for all your life? Hopefully Luis Hernandez gets another shot at the major leagues again soon. I wish him the best of luck in doing so.

He played SS beautifully last year. It was fun to watch. I really enjoyed it.

I'm sorry he didn't succeed when he got his big chance to do it again this year.

I hope he gets another chance.

As for the snide remarks about him, I just don't understand what about doing that seems like fun to people. Oh, well... I guess if you don't have the talent to even get a chance, maybe it makes you feel like a big shot to talk tough and diss somebody who didn't quite do what he needed to do.

He played SS beautifully last year. It was fun to watch. I really enjoyed it.

I'm sorry he didn't succeed when he got his big chance to do it again this year.

I hope he gets another chance.

As for the snide remarks about him, I just don't understand what about doing that seems like fun to people. Oh, well... I guess if you don't have the talent to even get a chance, maybe it makes you feel like a big shot to talk tough and diss somebody who didn't quite do what he needed to do.

Am I supposed to feel sympathy for a kid who actually got to live his dream, brief as it was?

This is baseball; its not a life-threatening disease that we're joking about.

With the exception of Fahey, I agree.

I love his effort and attitude, but Fahey isn't really a ML ballplayer either. I'd probably say "with the exception of DeShields" (speaking of his time before joining the O's).

Am I supposed to feel sympathy for a kid who actually got to live his dream, brief as it was?

I have no opinion about what you're supposed to feel. However, I think LH has been dumped on here mercilessly, from last winter through the present. I find it distasteful, but I'm not saying you're supposed to. It's a free country, and if a team's fans like to jump on a particular 23-year-old non-stop, and show glee at his being cut, they certainly can do so.

As for the "joking", I didn't see any. Cheap shots, sure, but I didn't see any jokes. Did you?

This is baseball; its not a life-threatening disease that we're joking about.

The various pot shots in this thread are disrespectful, regardless the subject matter. But explain it away if you like.

I wasn't LH's biggest fan, but I hope he lands on his feet somewhere and gets to continue doing what he loves. Good luck.

I have no opinion about what you're supposed to feel. However, I think LH has been dumped on here mercilessly, from last winter through the present. I find it distasteful, but I'm not saying you're supposed to. It's a free country, and if a team's fans like to jump on a particular 23-year-old non-stop, and show glee at his being cut, they certainly can do so.

As for the "joking", I didn't see any. Cheap shots, sure, but I didn't see any jokes. Did you?

Nobody on here has wished any ill-will or berated LH "the human being" or LH "the person".

We just didn't want him to be the starting shortstop for our favorite baseball team because he isnt very good. That's all. Your defense of him is sort of laughable. You act like he is your kid or something.

Nobody hates LH. He seems like a good kid. He just isn't good enough to be on our team. Simple as that, and A LOT of the hate wasn't directed at LH, but at MacPhail and Trembley for having him on the team.

Archived