AL East starting pitching

bpilktree

The starting pitching in the AL East is going to be interesting this year.   The Orioles, Yankees, and Red Sox all have major issues and the problem with the number 4 and 5 starters.  Usually you just drop the guy in that spot but those guys are guys either making lots of money or guys that won't move out of rotation.  The Yankees have Tanaka and CC that are pitching terrible.  Will they drop these guys from rotation or stay with them as veterans.  The Sox have a hole at 5 that hope Price will be back to help and also Pomeranaz who they gave up a lot to get.  The Orioles have Gausman and Ubaldo.  Kevin will stay in rotation unless he gets injured but Ubaldo though with lot of money still left this year will he last much longer.  Which team will make the first move to try to help rotation.  The Yanks and Sox have more to offer but Sox have issues at CF and 3rd as well.

It helps that Porcello is pitching more like the normal, average-ish Porcello, and not last year's weirdly invincible version. And that the Jays have a 20 game winner (Happ) and last year's ERA champ (Sanchez) on the DL. Right now, Sale is the only guy in the division that I really don't want to see. 

1 hour ago, Spy Fox said:

It helps that Porcello is pitching more like the normal, average-ish Porcello, and not last year's weirdly invincible version. And that the Jays have a 20 game winner (Happ) and last year's ERA champ (Sanchez) on the DL. Right now, Sale is the only guy in the division that I really don't want to see. 

Sanchez just pitched on Friday night...

14 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Sanchez just pitched on Friday night...

Yes, but he was placed on the DL after the game for his third DL stint of the year. His issues don't seem as serious as Happ's, but he's still only made five starts. 

1 minute ago, Spy Fox said:

Yes, but he was placed on the DL after the game for his third DL stint of the year. His issues don't seem as serious as Happ's, but he's still only made five starts. 

Ok. I didn't know he went right back on. I think he has a fingernail problem.

The Orioles and Yankees were expected to have weak SP. The Yankees started off hot, but their weakness is starting to show through.

The Blue Jays and Red Sox have a lot of injury issues. Hopefully they can be put in a deep hole before they come back. If they can stay afloat until then, the O's are in trouble. They pretty much have the rotation they were planning on having right now. Unless a major trade happens, it's sink or swim.

Archived