DFA Ubaldo

LookitsPuck

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, paulcoates said:

Pretty much anyone in AAA could go out and give up 5 ER in 5 innings any given night

Not sure that is really the case.  We are using all of our guys in relief right now.  I would move Ibaldo to the pen. Once you find a fifth starter then you can look to DFA him

7 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Not sure that is really the case.  We are using all of our guys in relief right now.  I would move Ibaldo to the pen. Once you find a fifth starter then you can look to DFA him

But then he is just clogging a space in the bullpen. An optionable pitcher in the 5th slot could be nice as they can role with an 8 man bullpen in between starts. 

We have had a thread like this every year he's been here, it seems. But this time I think it might be the right move. There's only a few months left anyways. Let's end the torture. I would put Asher into the rotation. 

14 minutes ago, crawjo said:

We have had a thread like this every year he's been here, it seems. But this time I think it might be the right move. There's only a few months left anyways. Let's end the torture. I would put Asher into the rotation. 

I'm about ready.    It's not even wildness any more.    He's not that tough to hit even when he's throwing strikes.    

55 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Who do we have that is better?  No problem With DFA'ing him but who is going to take his starts?   

I would take my chances with Asher at this point even though his extreme flyball tendencies will almost certainly catch up to him when the weather starts to heats up.

Archived