Here's a new idea for pick 21 that I guarantee you haven't heard anywhere.

Drew Ellis 3B, (Soph.) Louisville

This is a guy who has hit better than Jake Burger, plays in a tough conference, and is almost a lock to stay at 3rd baseman (potentially well above average there).  He's a draft eligable soph, so there could be signability concerns but if he get taken in the first round he should sign.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lange has two plus pitches in a fastball that usually ranged from 92-96 mph and a power curveball that stood out as the best on the U.S. college national team last summer. He has a strong build and repeatedly has demonstrated the ability to maintain his stuff into the later innings. Lange is showing better feel for his changeup after emphasizing the development of the pitch during his time with Team USA.

On 6/8/2017 at 6:09 PM, phillyOs119 said:

This is a guy who has hit better than Jake Burger, plays in a tough conference, and is almost a lock to stay at 3rd baseman (potentially well above average there).  He's a draft eligable soph, so there could be signability concerns but if he get taken in the first round he should sign.

Good call; seen a little of him in Regionals and like him a lot better than Burger.  For a 3B prospect, I also like Toffey a lot.  I hope we draft him again this year; maybe in the 3rd-4th round?  I just don't understand how every publication has Burger rated so much higher than Toffey.  The only tool that Burger has that is better than Toffey is his raw power.  And Toffey has put up great numbers in a far superior conference.  Plus, Toffey has outstanding plate discipline and seems to be a good defender from what I've seen.

On 6/8/2017 at 6:09 PM, phillyOs119 said:

Watched Ellis today against Kentucky; looked great at the plate.  Two bombs, and showed great plate discipline as well.

7 hours ago, Otter said:

Watched Ellis today against Kentucky; looked great at the plate.  Two bombs, and showed great plate discipline as well.

Yeah, I liked how he hit the curveball out today. He hit another breaking ball out yesterday. He really lets the ball travel.

Archived