O'Day to DL with sore shoulder per Roch

LookitsPuck

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That is why you don't resign them when they are over 30.

Certainly true for these guys. Of course, it's luck of the draw, too. Have Cruz or Miller (we had him at age 29)  had repeated DL trips since we let them go?  I honestly don't know. 

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

This could be the straw that breaks the camel's back.    

Ton of injuries for every team..Kiermaier maybe out for the year.Yankees have injuries to Chapman,Ellsbury and Bird.As Bordick says Duquette is so good at giving the Orioles deep depth. This should not bother the Orioles. In Duquette we trust.

17 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Certainly true for these guys. Of course, it's luck of the draw, too. Have Cruz or Miller (we had him at age 29)  had repeated DL trips since we let them go?  I honestly don't know. 

Miller has had one stint since leaving the O's.

19 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

No Manny, banged up Jones, No Oday...of course no Britton...going into NY where we've played poorly....uh oh....

I'm not worried specifically about New York or this weekend.    I'm worried about the effect of not having two of our four best relievers over an extended period, which cuts Buck's flexibility and will likely lead to Brach and Givens getting used more often than is optimal.    The last time it happened, when O'Day was unavailable for 7-8 days, Brach and Givens faltered badly.   

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I'm not worried specifically about New York or this weekend.    I'm worried about the effect of not having two of our four best relievers over an extended period, which cuts Buck's flexibility and will likely lead to Brach and Givens getting used more often than is optimal.    The last time it happened, when O'Day was unavailable for 7-8 days, Brach and Givens faltered badly.   

I'd roll the dice and bring up the big arm.

Yes it's a risk.

Archived