vs. BREWERS, 7/05

OFFNY

4 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Hunter keeps bringing up that the run was unearned as if that makes it not count or something

Well, it's worth pointing out that Aquino really is pitching a great game and deserves to have a shutout.   Earned runs/unearned runs can sometimes be wildly inaccurate in describing a pitcher's worth, due to scoring decisions and everything after two outs being unearned even if the pitcher is responsible for most of it.

But in this case, that run was REALLY not Aquino's fault.   He got a reasonably easy ground ball with two outs and a man on 2nd to get out of the inning.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SteveA said:

Well, it's worth pointing out that Aquino really is pitching a great game and deserves to have a shutout.   Earned runs/unearned runs can sometimes be wildly inaccurate in describing a pitcher's worth, due to scoring decisions and everything after two outs being unearned even if the pitcher is responsible for most of it.

But in this case, that run was REALLY not Aquino's fault.   He got a reasonably easy ground ball with two outs and a man on 2nd to get out of the inning.

I agree that  was a play Manny needs to make but Hunter grinds my gears

2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I like Aquino's arsenal.

He doesn't throw hard, so everything has to be working, and he has to locate well.   So I don't think he's ever going to be a TOR guy.

But I think he can be a BOR guy and we have several guys in the rotation that can't even be that.   If he gives us 6+ good innings tonight, I'd be really disappointed if he isn't int he rotation after the All Star Game.   Draw a name out of the hat for who he replaces, I don't care (OK, probably  not Gausman, he may be turning a bit of a corner, but anyone else and yes that includes Bundy since he can use some down time).

Just now, SteveA said:

He doesn't throw hard, so everything has to be working, and he has to locate well.   So I don't think he's ever going to be a TOR guy.

But I think he can be a BOR guy and we have several guys in the rotation that can't even be that.   If he gives us 6+ good innings tonight, I'd be really disappointed if he isn't int he rotation after the All Star Game.   Draw a name out of the hat for who he replaces, I don't care (OK, probably  not Gausman, he may be turning a bit of a corner, but anyone else and yes that includes Bundy since he can use some down time).

Bundy will be back of the rotation after the break, but he isn't going to be replaced anytime soon.

Very easy to see Aquino staying for any of Miley, Tillman or Jimenez.

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

He's been less self-destructive on the bases. I guess that's because he's been on them so much less.  :rolleyes:

He looks miserable. Is it the chicken or the egg? Is he upset because he isn't hitting or is it something else. Really have to wonder if something off the field isn't impacting him. 

Archived