Should We Shop One of Our Top Relievers to the Yankees?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, weams said:

I knew in about 3.2 seconds he was from one of two places.

And look at that, I was right.

http://www.yanksblog.com/item/2007/1/18/interviewing-the-yankees-blogosphere-mike-axisa-pending-pinstripes.html

10 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

Is it true the O's didn't sign their draft pick? 

It's true. They did not. They withdrew their offer to a non-compensatory pick when he failed his physical.  They allowed him to become a free agent  and he may well. 

1 hour ago, weams said:

It's true. They did not. They withdrew their offer to a non-compensatory pick when he failed his physical.  They allowed him to become a free agent  and he may well. 

I hadn't heard that we didn't sign Conlon, our fourth rounder.    What a travesty.    The 5th round guy was his buddy and my impression was we only drafted him there to entice Conlon to sign.   So it's like we wasted two picks.  

Not taking the best offer is the equivalent of biting off your nose to spite your face.  Take the best offer - period.  Having said that - I'd love to see a trade with the Nationals because of the potential fits.  

21 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We'd never make a big trade with the Yanks or Sox that puts them over the top, but we could deal with the Rays.  

Britton, Castillo, Seth Smith( plus we pay for their salaries for this year) for  SP Brent Honeywell and  SS Willy Adames

I'd do that deal in an instant. I'd see if I could get an outfielder like Joe McCarthy as a Smith replacement but those two are top 25 prospect that are MLB ready.

Archived