Chance Sisco 2018 Starting Catcher

Diehard_O's_Fan

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Mmmmm, I don't know.    This is a guy with 24 homers in 1852 PA in the minors.    It's not just a Norfolk thing, he's never hit more than 6 in a season at any level.   Nor does he hit a ton of doubles.    He's a high average, good OBP guy and that's fine with me.    

Obviously time will tell but the ball is slg % has shot up at an unbelievable rate while averages have not. I've watched a decent bit of him, id be surprised if his career high in HRs ends up at just 9-12. He's young, the ball flies, he makes solid contact with regularity, I think he'll top 15 several times if he's healthy & the d is strong enough to win him a starting gig for 7-10 years. Certainly could be wrong, I just see a lot of long HRs each night from guys without much power. Degrom stroking 420ft opposite field shots & Gray hitting 450ft homers leads ...gonna need a bigger park to hold the Sisco kid.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Frobby said:

Mmmmm, I don't know.    This is a guy with 24 homers in 1852 PA in the minors.    It's not just a Norfolk thing, he's never hit more than 6 in a season at any level.   Nor does he hit a ton of doubles.    He's a high average, good OBP guy and that's fine with me.    

He's also been the youngest, or one of the youngest, position players in whichever league he's played in. 

I don't see Sisco in the MLB picture until the 2nd half of next year. I think Castillo opts out. Joseph is then the "everyday" catcher. Pena and Wynns will be the backups. No need to bring Sisco up until he is at least playing 50% of the time. 

It would be nice to have some flexibility at DH and not have Trumbo. Then we might be able to find AB's more easily for Santander, Sisco, Mullins, and Hays. Because we could either DH them or move Mancini there to open up an OF spot. 

19 hours ago, NCRaven said:

This is like a broken record.  You keep repeating it without facts and only two year-old reports to back it up.  Even after people like FRobby and Can-of-Corn have repeatedly tried to explain why you're wrong.

Not trying to come to anyone's defense but his % of throwing out runners is poor. The other metrics won't matter if he can't throw anyone out....the good teams will exploit the weakness

49 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Not trying to come to anyone's defense but his % of throwing out runners is poor. The other metrics won't matter if he can't throw anyone out....the good teams will exploit the weakness

I've made some long posts about this in the minor league forum.    To summarize them, his CS% has improved significantly as the season has progressed, and as he has improved, runners have cut way down on their stolen base attempts against him.    I'm sure he's still below average for a major league catcher, but he's no longer someone against whom baserunners just run at will.

• 11 months later...
20 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Sisco's going to be 24 next year.  What can we expect from his bat moving forward?  He is OPSing .816 in Norfolk with a .378 OBP.

I believe he is still going to be wonderful. Wonderful. 

42 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Sisco's going to be 24 next year.  What can we expect from his bat moving forward?  He is OPSing .816 in Norfolk with a .378 OBP.

He should get every opportunity to prove he can/can’t hit at the MLB level. I’m still a fan - I think he figures it out.

19 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Chance came up last year September 1. So he accumulated 32 days service time. He has been down roughly 29 days this year. If he stays down another 2.5 weeks or so then he will fall short of a year of service time. 

I don’t think we’re going to see him until rosters expand. It would be nice to stick him at DH and say go hit for a few days. 

Archived