Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

3 minutes ago, murph said:

Maybe eating Hellicksons salary and flipping him for someone else?   He has not been too terrible. But of course I am a fan of the Orioles and their starting pitchers. 

Maybe Hellickson with Castillo and/or Smith can bring us back something useful. Hard to see how Hellickson adds much value, though. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, spiritof66 said:

Maybe Hellickson with Castillo and/or Smith can bring us back something useful. Hard to see how Hellickson adds much value, though. 

Yea maybe.  I just don't get it, like most of it, but this is really baffling.   

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Better not be for Liranzo, Scott or Long. If it's for Barker, Means, Grimes it's ok. I'd be a little upset if it was for Hess. 

Honestly not sure who Barker is but know the rest and wouldn't be happy with any of them. 

2 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

We need to rebuild. Can we start with the front office?

Do you think (1) the decision to trade for a veteran starter came from Duquette, or (2) a newly hired VP/GM would be better?

I don't know about the first, and I have real doubts about (2), especially if Duquette is doing this under duress and that's generally understood around MLB. 

Archived