Colorado Interested in Bundy/Gausman

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Ok, you are either just trying to mess with me at this point or something.

Long term, Mark Reynolds is not their 1B. They have had injuries pop up which have required Desmond to not play 1b. Long term, Desmond is very likely the 1b there. This whole conversation started up talking about if they needed a 1B because they only have Reynolds short term. They don't, because they have Desmond who can and will play there with a healthy OF.

Keep positing box scores, doesn't change the fact of the matter that if Dahl is healthy, Tapia is up, Blackmon is healthy, etc. that Desmond is not playing in the OF and Reynolds is not starting over him (although he is on a hot streak so far this year and mashing right now) long term.

I have understood your opinion from the first time you said it.  The facts, of course, are quite another thing.  I've tried to show you the facts and you have chosen to either ignore them or pretend they don't exist.  Mark Reynolds is the Rockies 1B in 2017.  The facts make that obvious.  You are entitled to keep your opinion.  I really don't care.

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

I have understood your opinion from the first time you said it.  The facts, of course, are quite another thing.  I've tried to show you the facts and you have chosen to either ignore them or pretend they don't exist.  Mark Reynolds is the Rockies 1B in 2017.  The facts make that obvious.  You are entitled to keep your opinion.  I really don't care.

Okay but you seem to have zero interest in taking into account that their starting OF is out and one of the other ones is struggling mightily. I could care less that Reynolds is their current 1b. Doesn't change the fact that if Dahl is healthy and CarGo isn't in a huge slump that Desmond is the Rockies 1B. This also isn't about their 1B this year, the question was asked if they needed a 1B....and they don't. Because long term Desmond is signed there for the next 3 1/2 seasons I believe who will likely play at 1B when they are healthy in the OF (which they aren't right now). 

28 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

For sure. I'm talking long term as we were talking about if they had interest in any of our 1B types.

Actually, we are discussing potential deadline trades for the 2017 playoff push.

Just now, Number5 said:

Actually, we are discussing potential deadline trades for the 2017 playoff push.

Yes, and someone asked if they needed a 1B...which I stated they don't because they just signed Desmond to a long term deal to play 1B...which they did. Just so happens injuries occurred and he can play multiple positions so he's in the OF.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/02/25/ian-desmond-rockies-master-first-base/

Desmond has played all OF spots, 1B, and SS in his career. When an injury pops up elsewhere and they have a solid replacement where they planned to play Desmond, of course he will move off the spot.

4 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Yes, and someone asked if they needed a 1B...which I stated they don't because they just signed Desmond to a long term deal to play 1B...which they did. Just so happens injuries occurred and he can play multiple positions so he's in the OF.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/02/25/ian-desmond-rockies-master-first-base/

Desmond has played all OF spots, 1B, and SS in his career. When an injury pops up elsewhere and they have a solid replacement where they planned to play Desmond, of course he will move off the spot.

Ian Desmond has played 60 games this season, of which he played at least part of the game at first base in 13 games.  Ian Desmond has played a grand total of 13 games at first base in his career.  If that makes him their 2017 starting first baseman in your mind, that is fine.  I would go with Reynolds and his 84 games at first as an indicator that he is their first baseman.  All I've stated are facts.  I can't speak to your opinion, as it is very clear that you will not change it.

3 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Ian Desmond has played 60 games this season, of which he played at least part of the game at first base in 13 games.  Ian Desmond has played a grand total of 13 games at first base in his career.  If that makes him their 2017 starting first baseman in your mind, that is fine.  I would go with Reynolds and his 84 games at first as an indicator that he is their first baseman.  All I've stated are facts.  I can't speak to your opinion, as it is very clear that you will not change it.

Because injuries occured...otherwise he would be the 2017 1B. BECAUSE of injuries, he is now not the 2017 1B because they have no one close to Desmond to play the OF spot...otherwise, he would be. In 2018, he will be their 1B.

This is driving myself crazy. We have established he is no longer the 1B there right now. I know where he's currently playing. Doesn't change the fact that they view him as their 1B if they are fully healthy. DUE TO INJURIES, he is now NOT the 1B. IN 2018, he WILL BE THEIR 1B  unless MORE INJURIES OCCUR.

If they were trading for Trumbo, Mancini, or Davis, it wouldn't be just for 2017. IDK why you are so dead set on the next few months. Someone asked if they had interest in one of our 1B, and all are controlled well past 2017 and two of them are being paid a large amount of money.

13 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Because injuries occured...otherwise he would be the 2017 1B. BECAUSE of injuries, he is now not the 2017 1B because they have no one close to Desmond to play the OF spot...otherwise, he would be. In 2018, he will be their 1B.

This is driving myself crazy. We have established he is no longer the 1B there right now. I know where he's currently playing. Doesn't change the fact that they view him as their 1B if they are fully healthy. DUE TO INJURIES, he is now NOT the 1B. IN 2018, he WILL BE THEIR 1B  unless MORE INJURIES OCCUR.

If they were trading for Trumbo, Mancini, or Davis, it wouldn't be just for 2017. IDK why you are so dead set on the next few months. Someone asked if they had interest in one of our 1B, and all are controlled well past 2017 and two of them are being paid a large amount of money.

So,  your saying that Reynolds is Colorado's first baseman, right?

Just messing with you. ;)

Just now, Ohfan67 said:

So,  your saying that Reynolds is Colorado's first baseman, right?

Just messing with you. ;)

Do you at least understand what I'm saying? xD

Guess saying that they don't need a 1B because they have Desmond was poor wording as he isn't currently playing their daily...but still. Didn't think it'd be this hard to understand that long term, the plan is for Desmond to be their 1B and he would be right now if Rockies didn't have injuries/major players slumping big time in the OF.

Oh well, I've made my peace. Done with this lol.

Anyways, if Rockies really want Gaus and offer up a guy like Dahl/Tapia headlining with another very solid prospect or two it'd be intriguing. They also have German Marquez in their rotation right now who I like that is a rookie with upside...maybe see if he's moveable. Seems like they'd be more likely to just move prospects though.

33 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Do you at least understand what I'm saying? xD

Guess saying that they don't need a 1B because they have Desmond was poor wording as he isn't currently playing their daily...but still. Didn't think it'd be this hard to understand that long term, the plan is for Desmond to be their 1B and he would be right now if Rockies didn't have injuries/major players slumping big time in the OF.

Oh well, I've made my peace. Done with this lol.

Anyways, if Rockies really want Gaus and offer up a guy like Dahl/Tapia headlining with another very solid prospect or two it'd be intriguing. They also have German Marquez in their rotation right now who I like that is a rookie with upside...maybe see if he's moveable. Seems like they'd be more likely to just move prospects though.

Yeah, I was just teasing. :) 

Archived