Yefry Ramirez acquired from Yankees

pwhite

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

My man was a dominant force. Yefry has a chance to be a good SP for us. I’d certainly take him over Ortiz for the next 5 years. 

Ramirez has a chance to be decent middle reliever. His stuff plays pretty well one time through a lineup, but he's not a long term answer to the rotation.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Ramirez has a chance to be decent middle reliever. His stuff plays pretty well one time through a lineup, but he's not a long term answer to the rotation.

So scrap starting pitching, pick up a ton of these guys, that are great once through the lineup and just toss 4 pitchers a day.

:new_beer:

“My older brother [Luis Ramirez] was the one who taught me my changeup. He has a really good one, so I wanted to learn it from him. That was two years ago, after I’d first started pitching in 2012 [after signing as an infielder]. Right now I feel very mature with the changeup. I feel like it has improved 90%.

“It’s the same grip from the first time I learned it. I haven’t modified it whatsoever. It’s three fingers around the ball. None of them are on the seams, and I choke it just a little bit. Sometimes I try to change the shape of the pitch a little by moving my finger a little bit to the right or a little bit to the left. I get fade on it for the most part, but I can also make it sink.

“My brother played [in the minors] for Cleveland, Arizona, and Colorado, and now he’s in Japan. My changeup is the same as his. Same grip, same everything. Whose is better? Both of ours are good.”

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/ryan-borucki-jacob-degrom-and-yefry-ramirez-on-developing-their-changeups/

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2019 at 3:23 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(APRIL 29th, 2019)

Orioles Recall Yefry Ramirez

(By Roch Kubatko)

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/04/orioles-recall-yefry-ramirez.html

o

o

19 DAYS LATER (May 18th)

MASN has this up on You-Tube already, in regard to Ramirez getting the start tomorrow afternoon against the Indians.

o

2 minutes ago, Oriole1940 said:

I hope Ramirez is not the best prospect this organization has waiting in the wings.  How many more starts does he get before the brain trust admit to getting hoodwinked once again in a trade.  

Hoodwinked?

They gave up International slot money.

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

So we got him from the Yanks...Can we send him back?

He literally didn't cost anything. Why? This is a 120 loss team.. there's not really anything on this team that will be around if they do right the ship.

I  am going to blame Ramirez's bad outing for Hyde.  11 days between appearances.  How was he supposed to be sharp?  Now if they give him another start in 5 days and the same thing happens that will be another story.

Archived