Mason McCoy 2017-2019

Luke-OH

He's a senior sign,  so don't get too excited, but he's having a really strong debut. 

He's hitting   .323/.421/.495 which is almost 70% better than league average.  He is also walking more than he's striking out.  While I don't think he's a plus SS, it looks to me like he can stick at SS, although Tony has said he's not a fan of his defense.

1 hour ago, phillyOs119 said:

He's a senior sign,  so don't get too excited, but he's having a really strong debut. 

He's hitting   .323/.421/.495 which is almost 70% better than league average.  He is also walking more than he's striking out.  While I don't think he's a plus SS, it looks to me like he can stick at SS, although Tony has said he's not a fan of his defense.

I don't see the first step quickness or the arm strength to remain as an upper Division shortstop. Saying that, I'd like to see more of him as he moves up. I do like the early returns on the stick although as 22-year old, he'll need to jump to Frederick next year and put up some numbers to get me too interested.

Any chance we skip McCoy or Brazeale to Frederick next year?  They will both be 23 and we're college guys, so they should be up for the challenge. 

A part of me thinks that if Delmarva was in a playoff race and Aberdeen wasn't, we would have promoted them this year. If your senior,late round signees, lead Aberdeen to the playoffs then they are already worth their bonus money. 

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Any chance we skip McCoy or Brazeale to Frederick next year?  They will both be 23 and we're college guys, so they should be up for the challenge. 

A part of me thinks that if Delmarva was in a playoff race and Aberdeen wasn't, we would have promoted them this year. If your senior,late round signees, lead Aberdeen to the playoffs then they are already worth their bonus money. 

I would like to see that, and neither of them have anyone significant blocking them.  

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

You think Clare goes to Bowie next year?

Maybe, he's hitting well in Frederick and who is blocking him.  I don't have a good idea of what the O's will do, but I would aggressively promote all of the old for their level infield prospects and if they flame out, so what, then they are org guys. If they succeed, now you have a prospect of some interest.

We're pretty weak up the middle as an organization, but we're much better than we were to start the season. To start 2018 I see, 

AAA- Marin, Sardinas, Wilkerson

AA- Salcedo, Clare

A+ - Perez, Ramos, Palmeiro?

A - McCoy, Ortega

A- - Hall, Torres

Other than Hall, it looks like a bunch of Util guys at best. 

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We're pretty weak up the middle as an organization, but we're much better than we were to start the season. To start 2018 I see, 

AAA- Marin, Sardinas, Wilkerson

AA- Salcedo, Clare

A+ - Perez, Ramos, Palmeiro?

A - McCoy, Ortega

A- - Hall, Torres

Other than Hall, it looks like a bunch of Util guys at best. 

Good thing we are potentially set at middle infield for the next three years with Schoop and Beckham.  

• 5 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

McCoy was added to Bowie prior to the game today and is wearing #15. Not in the starting lineup.

They must think something of him, although it would of probably been Clare if Frederick wasn't still playing.  He is my favorite senior sign though, I'm hoping this means he'll skip Delmarva at least. 

1 hour ago, phillyOs119 said:

They must think something of him, although it would of probably been Clare if Frederick wasn't still playing.  He is my favorite senior sign though, I'm hoping this means he'll skip Delmarva at least. 

Possibly. Between Billingsly, Clare, Ring, and McCoy, there have been some promotions that could show signs of life in the org.

• 1 year later...