Girardi: "Buck, hold my beer"

weams

31 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

Don't see why Hinch's move of bringing in Verlander was such a blunder. Teams bring in starters to relieve in the playoffs all the time. Granted, it was Verlander's first time ever pitching in relief, but he ended up doing a decent job -- 2.2 IP, 1 run. He certainly looked better than Morton did.

I made the mistake getting mlb news on twitter which I usually don't. A sportswriter claimed Keuchel would be working on 3 days rest for game 5. My line of thinking was, why use your game 5 starter on short rest in relief in a non elimination game when it also forces you to start Keuchel on short rest.

Obviously, now I know that wasn't the case.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PaulFolk said:

Don't see why Hinch's move of bringing in Verlander was such a blunder. Teams bring in starters to relieve in the playoffs all the time. Granted, it was Verlander's first time ever pitching in relief, but he ended up doing a decent job -- 2.2 IP, 1 run. He certainly looked better than Morton did.

I didn't agree with it because he was up 2-1 and would of had both Verlander and Keuchel for Game 5 and Boston had burned Sale. Price would have started for Boston I assume. 

These playoffs have been a first and second guessers delight. 

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You think probably?

I think might.

Sure would be something if the Yankees ended up beating three 100 win clubs to win the ring.

I think they will the game, yes. I'm not a betting man, but if I were my money would not be on the Indians.

Archived