Orioles to take another shot at extending Machado per Roch

Roll Tide

Will the Orioles get Manny resigned  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Orioles get Machado signed?

• No ...They are just trying to prevent a fan exodus by saying they tried
    • No, They are going to back up the Brinks truck, but Machado isn't interested in staying
    • Yes...Angela s finally signs off on the big dollars and gets it done
    • Other.....

1 hour ago, TouchemAll said:

Sadly I see a Mussina re-do written all over this...

Honestly, the Mussina debacle is the only thing giving me hope that the Orioles might actually get Manny extended. Angelos had to contend with a TON of criticism for letting his last potential HOFer walk, hoping he doesn't want to listen to the criticism this time around and just ponies up the cash.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

Honestly, the Mussina debacle is the only thing giving me hope that the Orioles might actually get Manny extended. Angelos had to contend with a TON of criticism for letting his last potential HOFer walk, hoping he doesn't want to listen to the criticism this time around and just ponies up the cash.

You don't think Davis has a shot at the hall?

I figured that was why the old man ponied up for him.

Just now, weams said:

The new ownership is doing a full rebuild. And drastically cutting costs. 

Could the Marlins be cutting cost to afford a contract like the one Manny may get? I know they have Stanton, but is he really plugged into that community like Manny is?

Maybe the Marlins see this as an opportunity to acquire valuable assets for Stanton, clear the deck (payroll), and then make a run at Manny in order to build around a true hometown star?

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think Buck convinced him.

I could of course be wrong.

That would make the most sense to me. I don't get the impression Dan was thrilled with it. I think Dan really wanted to go after Cespedes.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yes.   I assume one thing Manny wants is to be paid close to his market value.    He might take a slight discount to stay with the Orioles (or not), but he’s not going to sign for 3/4 of what he’d earn on the market.   Any offer that doesn’t start with a 3 isn’t going anywhere, unless it starts with a 4.    

It seems to me there was a time not too long ago when you thought that 4 was out of the question and you even thought it doubtful he'd get more than 30 M AAV. What changed your mind

3 hours ago, El Gordo said:

It seems to me there was a time not too long ago when you thought that 4 was out of the question and you even thought it doubtful he'd get more than 30 M AAV. What changed your mind

I still think $400 mm is out of the question.    I just said that to be funny.   And I’ve always thought he’d get $300mm+ — and would be worth every penny.   I don’t think I ever (in the last 2 years, anyway) said $30 mm/yr was his limit.    Pretty sure I went on record as saying I’d pay up to 10/$350 mm sometime this past season.  

48 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I still think $400 mm is out of the question.    I just said that to be funny.   And I’ve always thought he’d get $300mm+ — and would be worth every penny.   I don’t think I ever (in the last 2 years, anyway) said $30 mm/yr was his limit.    Pretty sure I went on record as saying I’d pay up to 10/$350 mm sometime this past season.  

' I'm beginning to think his market isn't going to be that big. He may not even get 30 M AAV unless the MFY and the LAD get into a bidding war. No Boras mystery team this time, and Josh Donaldson will be a consolation prize.

Archived