Orioles offseason simulation

tntoriole

3 hours ago, tntoriole said:

It is not my simulation and it has nothing to do with being realistic.  It is a fantasy simulation.   That was pretty clear in my opening post.   It is not meant to be what the Orioles will do, it is one baseball guy's activity with 29 others in a fantasy weekend that was meant to simulate a team's offseason.     In this simulation,  Trumbo and Chris Davis WERE both traded to other fake GMs of other teams for salary dump returns...read the complete explanation of the fantasy results if you want... but get out of the idea that this is some type of prediction as to what might actually happen.  

Sort of reminds me of when you play Madden and do a fantasy draft before you start your season.  I would love to get rid of Davis and Trumbo, but I don't see any scenario where it happens in real life.  Well I suppose if you traded them for another problem contract.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Sort of reminds me of when you play Madden and do a fantasy draft before you start your season.  I would love to get rid of Davis and Trumbo, but I don't see any scenario where it happens in real life.  Well I suppose if you traded them for another problem contract.

That’s what he does basically...and then defers eating some  of Davis deal to the out years. 

14 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

That's awesome! I love the Davis and Trumbo deals. In fact, I like it all except for the Belt and Cabrera deals (giving up Hall and Hunter Harvey!). So just so I understand correctly, they simulated the whole league, so he actually got other GM's to take Davis and Trumbo?

Yes...they had a 3 day online meeting with all 30 fake GMs and deals could be made using private messaging negotiations...

Hire this man!  

Most of these moves aren't overly ridiculous to imagine MLB teams agreeing to or pursuing.  At least the "essence" of the trades anyway,; I'm sure the prospects included would be a bit different based on the taste of the teams' actual scouting departments and GMs.  

Some prospects included in this guy's scenario that I think we as O's fans might be a little high on anyway (although I cheer for and hope for their success) are as follows: Tanner Scott, Mullins, Santander, Jomar Reyes, DL Hall and Stewart.

Sucks to lose Harvey, Adam Hall, Bishop and Hanifee, but we're getting some interesting prospects back too.  The rest of the prospects I can lose without losing sleep.  

Most impressive is how much talent remains  in the organization while we shed so much payroll in 2019.  Leaves wiggle room for a couple potential paths.  Could resign Manny, or buy some other talent on the FA market.  Or put a little of it into the foreign markets, eh?

All I'm saying, is if Dan read this and chose to pursue this path although it might not look the same in reality, I'd pay attention and support it.

2 hours ago, foxfield said:

Interestingly enough...while the general consensus here on this board that neither Davis or Trumbo contracts can be moved, the idea here and in a piece today by Dan Connolly here http://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2017/11/10/want-starting-pitching-orioles-need-look-potential-contract-swap-giants/  suggest that maybe that isn't the case.

With all due apologies, I stopped reading the article after it referred to Trumbo as a "solid first baseman". Fake news!

12 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

With all due apologies, I stopped reading the article after it referred to Trumbo as a "solid first baseman". Fake news!

Trumbo is not an outfielder, and he is not chris davis at first, but his skills at first base are reasonably good.  If say, we could move Davis for money +, Id be more than happy to see Trumbo for 2 yrs at first/DH.

Archived