Dan Duquette on O's Hot Stove at 6pm, Nov 30th

wildcard

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, El Gordo said:

Did he actually say that or it that you projecting?

Here is what Dan said:

"The club has to decide if he’s going to be a long-term fixture in our lineup in Baltimore and I think that’s a decision for the club this offseason.”

When the VP of Baseball Operation says "the club" has to make a $300m decision, who do you think Dan is talking about?   Its pretty clear he was talking about Peter.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2017/11/duquette-on-britton-schoop-machado-and-more.html

I can’t believe nobody asked him about He and buck only being here on one year deals. 

I consider myself a positive poster, but I think we all see how this is going to play out. DD pieces together a rotation. The rotation must exceed all predictions, hitters must bounce back, the bullpen has to be 2016 level, all of that just to have a chance. Then PA will simply let the contracts of Buck, DD, Manny, Jones, Britton just expire. 

Basically our organization is on a one year deal. At least I have comfort knowing that Chris Davis is locked up long term. 

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

You’re pretty humorous yourself, Bob!   When my legal career reaches its inevitable nadir, probably any day now, my retirement dream is to write a seriocomic novel that involves both law and baseball.   One of these days.....

You need go no further than our beloved Orioles!  :D  All the "players" are present and accounted for....and the OH can be backstory!  Weams, SG and Can with the cameos...

13 hours ago, TradeAngelos said:

Yeah it's not any fun if you are a GM who doesn't want to work.

DD is laziest GM in baseball. Rubber stamp all arb eligible players, never extend a young player pre FA, dumpster dive in Jan/Feb, never orchestrate a significant trade. Just keep rolling with the last shreds of the Andy McPhail core.

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

While I have little to no faith in Stewart, I'd like to see what he could do rather than try to dish out money for a LH bat that could be better spent on the rotation.

I have some faith in Stewart, but I remain perpetually skeptical of the tactic of skipping players right from AA to the majors.    That said, spring training could be quite interesting this year with the likes of Hays and Stewart vying for spots.   

On 11/30/2017 at 6:25 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

Lol, I like Fiers. He had a 3.97 ERA through the first week of August. The guy just fell apart in his last 7-8 starts. He spun a gem against us last year. 7 IP 9ks 1ER. 

We currently have a rotation of Bundy, Gausman, Ynoa, Asher, Wright. 

He made 3.4 million last year in arb. What's he going to make this year?  5 million tops? Find me a better pitcher, with a track record, that is healthy, that we can sign for 1yr 5 million. 

The board lost its mind over Doug freaking Fister. Fister's ERA was .33 lower. C'mon. 

There is lots of love on this board fro Fister, but its not every poster.

Can't say I understand all the love either.

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I have some faith in Stewart, but I remain perpetually skeptical of the tactic of skipping players right from AA to the majors.    That said, spring training could be quite interesting this year with the likes of Hays and Stewart vying for spots.   

I agree, I get it with Manny, that was desperate times by a desperate team, and he had so much raw talent.

Normally I suspect the metrics prove that its not a wise move.

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I agree, I don't necessarily understand skipping from AA to the majors unless someone is absolutely raking.  

I believe Stewart, Hays and Mullins get at bats in Baltimore this year, but I agree that ST will be interesting.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I agree, I don't necessarily understand skipping from AA to the majors unless someone is absolutely raking.  

I believe Stewart, Hays and Mullins get at bats in Baltimore this year, but I agree that ST will be interesting.

Manny wasn't raking in AA, either.

But, that isn't the norm.

And I agree with you.

Archived