Orioles out On Cobb per Roch

bpilktree

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, billw76 said:

There is no way we are in on any significant pitcher at this cost. It won't be much longer and we will have to give Tillman 10 mil just to fill out the rotation as a last resort.

This team has to get better at developing it's own starting pitching immediately, the cos of FA pitchers is through the roof.

Tillman is not my idea of pitching improvement. If it costs 10 million to sign him. Then the cost is getting out of hand. 

2 hours ago, cimota said:

5 years ago we signed Jiminez to a 12 million a year contract.  A guy no other team wanted.  Now we don't want to pay a guy who could be productive 20 million a year?  

We would rather over pay for a guy who will be terrible than to pay a little more for a guy who could be good.  Only in Angelos' mind is this logical.

I doubt Angelos picked Ubaldo Jimenez.

Apologies if it has already been said, I did not read the whole thread. But would it not take a $20 million a year offer to be what it takes for the Orioles, specifically the Orioles, to sign him anyway?  Even if that wasn't his market...  

This offseason sucks.  

I'd still be surprised if he gets $20M/year. It's possible, but I wouldn't go there. I would've loved Cobb in this rotation. I think he would have been a perfect fit, but...alas. Does Lynn's market get this high, too?

In the end, I expect a Jason Vargas and Chris Tillman. (Wouldn't be surprised by an Andrew Cashner. His smoke and mirrors act with a good ERA screams Gallardo).

Archived