Orioles out On Cobb per Roch

bpilktree

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

I'd still be surprised if he gets $20M/year. It's possible, but I wouldn't go there. I would've loved Cobb in this rotation. I think he would have been a perfect fit, but...alas. Does Lynn's market get this high, too?

In the end, I expect a Jason Vargas and Chris Tillman. (Wouldn't be surprised by an Andrew Cashner. His smoke and mirrors act with a good ERA screams Gallardo).

MLBTR has him slated to be in the 4/$48 range

16 hours ago, RZNJ said:

He's asking for 20M per year.   Just like we asked for 2 ML ready starting pitchers for Manny.   Big deal.   I predicted 5/90  two times already.   Sticking with it.   Why do people underestimate the FA market EVERY year and then act astonished?

Our front office does, EVERY year....

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Cobb just turned down 3/42 from the cubs. We have Ubaldo 4/52. I’d offer that to Cobb right now. 

These teams are being slow to get serious, but I’ll be shocked if Cobb doesn’t get 4/$64 mm or more.   4/$70 mm or 5/$80 mm wouldn’t surprise me at all.    There are just too few good pitchers on the market.

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

These teams are being slow to get serious, but I’ll be shocked if Cobb doesn’t get 4/$64 mm or more.   4/$70 mm or 5/$80 mm wouldn’t surprise me at all.    There are just too few good pitchers on the market.

The question is...should the Orioles be in on Cobb at those prices?  Even if we trade Manny (and possibly others), he'd be a decent 2/3 starter for this team to rebuild around.

7 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

The question is...should the Orioles be in on Cobb at those prices?  Even if we trade Manny (and possibly others), he'd be a decent 2/3 starter for this team to rebuild around.

In my opinion, the answer is absolutely yes.   But I’m not expecting us to be in on him in any serious way.   

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

In my opinion, the answer is absolutely yes.   But I’m not expecting us to be in on him in any serious way.   

My thinking was that we offer him 3/50, with a 4th year option at 20 and a 2M buyout.  That way he's guaranteed 52M.

Archived