Decision Checklist for the Orioles

interloper

2 minutes ago, Mayor McCheese said:

It really seems like that the club has no plan or idea of what they are doing.  They need to understand that a complete rebuild is necessary (if they are not going to extend Manny and Schoop) and that fans would be OK with that if they choose that direction. 

But in other news....

Did anyone else see Adam Jones cryptic twitter tirade a few weeks ago.....doesn't seem like he wants to be here anymore.  I know its probably reading a lot more into it then it should be but its not the first time, or the second time that he has acted like this on social media. 

Yes, we discussed this.

I think you missed the intent of his tweet

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Well, I guess you could say the Zach Britton thing has been decided for now. He's been signed and got his full arbitration boost. The O's look to be keeping him on all year. 

If he comes back and does well I expect him to be traded for considerably less than they turned down last season.

Occam's Razor tells me that this is what's happening: 

Ownership has told Dan that he cannot trade Adam Jones or Manny Machado, and also that cannot sign any starting pitcher for more than three years, or any starting pitcher with questionable medicals. 

Dan's job is to try to build the best starting rotation he can to contend in 2018 given those constraints.    

In other words, we are heading for 4th place and for Manny leaving for a draft pick.  We'll probably resign Adam Jones, since Angelos loves old, overpaid players.  

3 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Ownership has told Dan that he cannot trade Adam Jones or Manny Machado, and also that cannot sign any starting pitcher for more than three years, or any starting pitcher with questionable medicals. 

Dan's job is to try to build the best starting rotation he can to contend in 2018 given those constraints.    

In other words, we are heading for 4th place and for Manny leaving for a draft pick.  We'll probably resign Adam Jones, since Angelos loves old, overpaid players.  

Kinda down on the Rays aren't you?

30 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Well, someone has been drinking the kool aid today haven't they?  
4th place.  SMDH! ;) 

Archived