The Yankees Know The Orioles Want Two Starters

section18

3 minutes ago, section18 said:

My post 14 hours ago had Brett Gardner, Jordan Montgomery and Chance Adams plus cash from the NYY as my first choice. All most on here are talking about is the second proposal with Ellsbury. Arizona and the Giants are interested in obtaining Ellsbury who has a no trade.  I believe he lives in Arizona and will end up with one of them.  

Gardner, Montgomery and Adams plus cash. Gardner makes $11.5 million in 2018 and is a FA in 2019. He has a 1 million dollar trade bonus.

DD is looking for a left handed bat and his left handed swing would do well at OP.

Why do you need cash for taking Gardner? He’s a bargain at his salary. He has positive value.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, section18 said:

My post 14 hours ago had Brett Gardner, Jordan Montgomery and Chance Adams plus cash from the NYY as my first choice. All most on here are talking about is the second proposal with Ellsbury. Arizona and the Giants are interested in obtaining Ellsbury who has a no trade.  I believe he lives in Arizona and will end up with one of them.  

Gardner, Montgomery and Adams plus cash. Gardner makes $11.5 million in 2018 and is a FA in 2019. He has a 1 million dollar trade bonus.

DD is looking for a left handed bat and his left handed swing would do well at OP.

Once again I don't want to take money back from the Yankees.  And why should the O's target a 34 year old?  One to two years of Gardner (His contract has a team option for 2019) does less than nothing for me.

2 hours ago, El Gordo said:

Assuming they trade for Cole, they want salary relief and Montgomery is expendable. By taking on Gardner's $$$ we ask for one of Torres/Andujal.

Ellsbury has negative value, Gardner has positive value.  They could move him easily to another team and get something of value back.

5 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Once again I don't want to take money back from the Yankees.  And why should the O's target a 34 year old?  One to two years of Gardner (His contract has a team option for 2019) does less than nothing for me.

I agree.

51 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

Ellsbury has negative value, Gardner has positive value.  They could move him easily to another team and get something of value back.

Isn't the idea that what they want back is Machado? They can't move Ellsbury without sending along too much cash and threatening the tax threshold.

13 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Isn't the idea that what they want back is Machado? They can't move Ellsbury without sending along too much cash and threatening the tax threshold.

They can't move Ellsbury because he has a no-trade clause. Even if they weren't sending cash with Ellsbury, they are limited by where he will accept a trade.

1 hour ago, El Gordo said:

Ellsbury is already included in their current payroll. The difference from what they absorb would come off this year’s total.

Archived