Manny ranked the no. 8 3B “right now” by MLB Network; Beckham ranked no. 10 SS

Frobby

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Sigh.    MLB network trying to get the trade price down for the the Yankees or Red Sox.   Sad.  

Objectively, Manny wasn’t that good last year.    It’s not surprising his ranking is down.   

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Objectively, Manny wasn’t that good last year.    It’s not surprising his ranking is down.   

Not really sure how the list was created, they have a panel of 3 guys and they each have Manny at #2, #5, and #7 respectively.

Here is the video I'm talking about.

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/video/breaking-down-top-third-basemen/c-1872442283?tid=7417714

Edit: Worth watching the whole bit, they talk about Machado a lot.

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I agree.  It is not surprising.   Maybe Manny's agent got them to light a bit of a fire under Manny for 2018.   "Ok, Manny, every single at bat, every single play in 2018 is the difference between getting a number eight 3Bman contract and a Giancarlo contract."  

7 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Not really sure how the list was created, they have a panel of 3 guys and they each have Manny at #2, #5, and #7 respectively.

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/video/breaking-down-top-third-basemen/c-1872442283?tid=7417714

Edit: Worth watching the whole bit, they talk about Machado a lot.

"The Shredder" gets the final say.

At least if they are still using the process they used in the past.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

"The Shredder" gets the final say.

At least if they are still using the process they used in the past.

Who is "The Shredder"?  Is that the guy who is hosting the panel?  I'm not familar with the Gennaro guy, but Lindbergh and Petriello are smart guys.

8 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

These lists are probably more rational than the so-called Shredder.    Still, they point up that Manny is not head and shoulders above everyone else.    There’s a ton of talent at 3B, which is another reason his trade value may not be as high as the Orioles had hoped.  

Just now, Luke-OH said:

Who is "The Shredder"?  Is that the guy who is hosting the panel?  I'm not familar with the Gennaro guy, but Lindbergh and Petriello are smart guys.

Not a person. It’s a math based evaluation system, but I don’t watch much MLB Network anymore and don’t remember the details of its calculations, if they even disclose them.

Just now, Frobby said:

These lists are probably more rational than the so-called Shredder.    Still, they point up that Manny is not head and shoulders above everyone else.    There’s a ton of talent at 3B, which is another reason his trade value may not be as high as the Orioles had hoped.  

I am sure that plays a large part in Manny wanting to play SS this year.

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I am sure that plays a large part in Manny wanting to play SS this year.

There is a ton of talent at SS too, really young talent.  3B is deeper, but Lindor, Correa, and Seager is a very strong top 3 at SS. Lindor is the oldest of the group and just turned 24.

Archived