Dan talking "offers and physicals" with a RF target

interloper

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Jarrod Dyson.  Nothing to see here. In the meantime, Dan's still hitting garage sales and local dumps looking for a starting rotation.

Agenda much?  Aren’t there 100 other threads this offseason talking about the pitching. Can’t we have at least one where we get a fresh topic. I mean damn. 

19 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Agenda much?  Aren’t there 100 other threads this offseason talking about the pitching. Can’t we have at least one where we get a fresh topic. I mean damn. 

Agenda? It's common sense. There's also a 100 other threads talking about what the Orioles may or may not do.

I wouldn't be mad at getting Jarrod Dyson.  I think it would take some pressure of Hays and help to balance our slow, mostly right-handed-hitting lineup.  

rWAR in 2017:

Jarrod Dyson- 2.6

Adam Jones- 2.5

Trey Mancini- 2.2

Joey Rickard- 0.7

Seth Smith- 0.2

Austin Hays-  - 0.5

Hyun So Kim-  - 1.3

Stolen Bases in 2017:

Baltimore Orioles- 32

Jarrod Dyson- 28

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Not many players get signed to long term deals before they prove they are capable major leaguers.   

I think you'll see more and more of it.

The Pirates just locked up the lefty reliever they got from the Nats in trade last year, who has less than a major league season under his belt.   (Oddly, they just locked him up for  his arb years and didn't buy any extra years).

The Rays did it years ago with Longoria.   The White Sox with Anderson (which looks like it could be a mistake).

8 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I think you'll see more and more of it.

The Pirates just locked up the lefty reliever they got from the Nats in trade last year, who has less than a major league season under his belt.   (Oddly, they just locked him up for  his arb years and didn't buy any extra years).

The Rays did it years ago with Longoria.   The White Sox with Anderson (which looks like it could be a mistake).

Not oddly, he’s about to get a bunch of saves which arbitration rewards handily. The Pirates are locking him in at a reasonable rate to avoid Zach Britton-like arbitration salaries.

Archived