Oriole single game tickets on sale Thursday?

Going Underground

i saw this when I was checking for my Fanfest tickets. I don't think this is right but who knows. Usually they don't put tickets on sale till Season Ticket holders at least  pay partially for their tickets. I have seen no one say anything about this. Also 2 PM seems like a strange time. Season ticket holders have to the beginning of February to pay for their tickets. Also usually announce the promotion schedule first.

SINGLE GAME TICKETS WILL GO ON SALE THURSDAY, JANUARY 25 AT 2 P.M.

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/tickets/single-game-tickets

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess tickets are going on sale,Thursday. Still seems weird. 

Your single game tickets presale begins Wednesday at 2 p.m.
As an Orioles newsletter subscriber, we are pleased to offer you an exclusive opportunity to buy single game tickets for the 2018 season before they go on sale to the public on Thursday. Tickets are available for all games excluding Opening Day. The only way to gain access to our Opening Day ticket sale is to become a Season Plan Member. Visit orioles.com/seasonfor details on our 13-Game, 29-Game, and Full Season packages. 

Just now, Going Underground said:

I still think this is a mistake. Usually promo schedule out first and single game announcement is made a week in advance or so. Also season ticket buyers have till February 5th to pay .

I think their idea is "pay us now, so that way we can use your money to get starters early. With love, DD and Buck Showalter."

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

Looks like they are selling single game tickets starting tomorrow, Very poor promoting to say the least.

Today is the final day to sign up for our Warehouse Wire newsletter and qualify for an exclusive single game ticket presale on Wednesday

Who runs the department there? Seriously want to know what stuff they're smoking in the warehouse. 

Promo schedule will be out before Thursday's sale. Pre-sale is 2pm tomorrow, and my guess is that the promo schedule is out in time for that as well.

People will always find room to complain, but by far the most important thing (imo) is that they will have all this information out and tickets on sale prior to Fanfest. In 2015-17, single game tickets didn't go on sale until March 11th, March 9th and February 14th (last year). 

This is a big improvement.

Just now, fearthenoodle said:

Promo schedule will be out before Thursday's sale. Pre-sale is 2pm tomorrow, and my guess is that the promo schedule is out in time for that as well.

People will always find room to complain, but by far the most important thing (imo) is that they will have all this information out and tickets on sale prior to Fanfest. In 2015-17, single game tickets didn't go on sale until March 11th, March 9th and February 14th (last year). 

I agree it's an improvement, but it's weird that the promo schedule isn't out before hand. 

Just now, MDtransplant757 said:

I agree it's an improvement, but it's weird that the promo schedule isn't out before hand. 

It will be. Obviously people want to know promotions before buying single game tickets, but do you really need *that* much lead time on the promo schedule? 

FWIW, a little birdie told me that they are doing Christmas in July this year. But that's all I've got. 

2 minutes ago, fearthenoodle said:

You seem to be in the know so one question. Usually they wait till season ticket holders make their decision. 

Archived