Roch's latest blog is seriously depressing

interloper

I applaud them for not attending.

Manny's name has been dragged through the rumor mill all offseason, while his team remains undermanned and full of question marks.

Schoop isn't under contract for 2018 as it stands.

I wouldn't go and help out this bumbling organization make a buck off my presence, either.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I don't want Cashner or Vargas. Therefore, I will be extremely happy if we don't sign them. We need impact starting pitchers. We don't just need a warm body. The Orioles could resign Ubaldo if they want a warm body.

I hope you're not expecting that we'll sign anyone who isn't just a warm body. We're out on all of the impact starters.

For the record, I am holding off on being depressed until I hear that the Orioles missed out on Tillman.  

But I think regarding the current state of things, the philosopher Jack Napier. Who said something like...what this town needs....

My only other thought...If we cannot laugh at ourselves... well, we miss the opportunity to laugh with everyone else - foxfield 1/26/18.

7 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

The Orioles are going to have to make some trades in order to acquire impact starting pitchers. The Orioles would be very wise to stay away from retreads like Cashner and Vargas. The Orioles could greatly improve their starting rotation with one or two trades.

You expect Angelos to allow DD to make trades for impact players? Angelos is the main problem. As it is the team is a two man rotation. 

This is truly pathetic.  If all you can get are pitchers with injury concerns than sign 6 of them on the cheap and hope 3 of them make it through the season.   Maybe we can get Jiminez back as he can probably pass the physical.  I don't know why they are so negative towards Tillman.  

18 minutes ago, cimota said:

This is truly pathetic.  If all you can get are pitchers with injury concerns than sign 6 of them on the cheap and hope 3 of them make it through the season.   Maybe we can get Jiminez back as he can probably pass the physical.  I don't know why they are so negative towards Tillman.  

Because his shoulder is held together with silly string, rope and electrical tape

3 hours ago, Yardball85 said:

Orioles incompetence at its finest! Look no further!:clap:

And seriously man, Chris Davis has been diligent! That's AWESOME!  Fans should be so excited that Davis is working at his craft in year 3 of his $160M contract.

I lolled like hell at that... Well done. And seriously... Davis's contract is proving to be the worst in Orioles' history, pretty much. (I don't count Albert Belle because of the injury.) I have to wonder how it's impacting our offseason decision making this year (assuming it must be). 

2 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I don't want Cashner or Vargas. Therefore, I will be extremely happy if we don't sign them. We need impact starting pitchers. We don't just need a warm body. The Orioles could resign Ubaldo if they want a warm body.

I would make the contract contingent on taking his temperature. I'm thinking Zombie-baldo probably doesn't need to return to Camden Yards ever again, personally. 

Archived