Schoop absence from Fanfest

Going Underground

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Schoop's reason sucks, but family issues take paramount over fanfest

I disagree. Work is an important part of life and family. Serious issues? Life-threatening?  Certainly.  If he was ill himself? Sure. He already had a strike for missing for a friend's child birth. Maybe he should not have used his get out of jail free card on that. I blame them both for not attending.  Really. I do. As an entertainer, promotion is part of your craft. 

I hope they don't settle with Schoop now. I hope it does go to trial.  Listen, I get it that Jon now wishes he had not sold 10 percent of himself so inexpensively. But holding out on the fans is no way to recoup. Or some fans. I get it that many folks could not care less about Fanfest. But it is an important interaction with an important part of the base.  Especially in a town that is having so much trouble attracting vitality. 

17 minutes ago, weams said:

I disagree. Work is an important part of life and family. Serious issues? Life-threatening?  Certainly.  If he was ill himself? Sure. He already had a strike for missing for a friend's child birth. Maybe he should not have used his get out of jail free card on that. I blame them both for not attending.  Really. I do. As an entertainer, promotion is part of your craft. 

He attended his nephew's birth. 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

This year Manny went to the birth of his Nephew (Which I admit I woudln't skip work for).  Davis' wife gave birth to twins earlier in the week and Britton is probably still in a cast after his surgery.

Manny skipped another fanfest for his nephew's birth.  They haven't said why he missed his second one this year.

6 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Manny skipped another fanfest for his nephew's birth.  They haven't said why he missed his second one this year.

I think at that point Yonder was his BFF. Not his Brother-in-law. I could be wrong.

Also, I have never attended any of my nieces or nephews actual births. Call me strange. 

6 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

Eh, I'll remember.  I'm not going to hold a grudge or boo him or anything, but it definitely lessens my opinion of him a bit unless I get some sort of explanation.  Maybe it's different because I'm a dad with young kids, but FanFest should be about 1 thing and 1 thing only, and that's the kids.  Nice to hear that we have at least 1 player who ignored the lousy advice of his agent to use a fan event as a negotiation tool.  Wish I knew who that player was.

Eh when your boss is like “I know you’re worth over 85k to me and we have a whole lotta Ks sitting over here and you’re the only constant exemplorary employee for the foreseeable future but how bout let’s give you 45k” I think you can get upset.  Players have no business coming to Baltimore in the winter unless they are required. Thier job does not also include coming to a fan fest.  When you’re being mistreated and management isn’t attempting to remedy the problems or put a winning team together the journey becomes even less important.  Run a franchise like a joke get treated like a joke in return. End of the day staying healthy and looking for the next contract is the job of the player. Ownership and management  should give them a reason to show up. 

I went ant when I was a kid. I enjoyed it. I get that kids need to see players but he’s going to have the same outcome wether the fans show up or not and Schoop does PLENTY year round for kids especially disadvantaged kids. I’m not going to knock him for not coming. I wish they all had stayed home honestly. 

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Mistreated?

Please explain how anyone is being mistreated.

Jonathon Schoop signed to play professional baseball fora professional team. Instead he plays for the Baltimore Orioles.  His best friend is kind stuck. His team wastes money left and right and there are two major league pitchers heading into the season. His number one concern should be staying healthy. 

Archived