I love the Orioles no matter what

Diehard_O's_Fan

39 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

I'm still a season ticket holder. Begrudgingly, but I still am. Have been since 2007 (or was it 2008?). I love Baltimore and I love the Orioles even though I'm very critical of Duquette and (at times) Angelos. I do love me some Buck. I think back to how much of a disaster Dave Trembley et al were....and we are better than those teams. Well, maybe not this year. lol

I tip my hat to you, for holding onto your tickets.

I also remember the disasters beside Trembley, so I too, love Buck, Buck with his faults, is better than anything else we have had here for years.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be a fan until the grave, but I am less excited about the O's than I've been in a long, long time. I was even more excited for the O's seasons in 2005, 2006, 2007, etc., than I am this year. You often knew the team was going to suck, but there were exciting first round draft picks that were going to be special or bust, etc. There's something about this year that feels even worse than those years to me. Sitting on their hands with Manny, etc., seems more sinful than what they did in the latter part of the losing stretch to me. Maybe it's just fading memories and a few years of winning baseball with some real wonderful players to watch that has taken away a lot of the sting, but this year feels so blah even compared to those years.

I have been very vocal about my displeasure with the way the ownership/front office group has gone about things the past few years. I'm so fed up with the organization I just can't justify spending any money on them, and to that end I didn't go to baseball games last year, and I cut MASN out of my cable package this year. As a fan the only way that I can make my voice heard is with my dollars, and Peter Angelos will not get a single dollar more from me. Maybe his children, but I'll cross that bridge when we get there.

All that said, I still love the Orioles, and I am still keeping up with them everyday. I'll be listening on the radio every night. The Orioles were my first true love as a 5-6 year old kid - that sort of thing just doesn't go away.

It's interesting to me to see the division among different age groups and how they feel about the ball club. A lot of you more "experienced" folks who were around for the glory days seem to love the team no matter what, and are much more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. And I get that, those must have been some magical times in the 60's and 70's. Whereas some of less "experienced" fans love the team, but do so begrudgingly (I fit in this group) - what has this organization done to earn my loyalty as a fan?

Long story short: I hate Peter Angelos the baseball owner Wish him nothing but the best in his personal life, but I can't wait for him to no longer be part of the Orioles.

It's engrained in me too... but BOY HOWDY is it difficult to endure the (perceived) mismanagement of the organization for what appears to be a long shot with a whole lot of good bounces. If the Orioles make the Wild Card this year and make it to the ALCS and lose, or hell, even if they make it to the World Series and lose (which, there's just no freakin' way)... I will shake my head in disgust at what's left behind next year and going forward and say "Shoulda been a LOT smarter about this."

I'll always be an Orioles fan and will root for our players in black and orange. The problem for me is that this owner (and to an extent the GM) have made being a fan very frustrating. It's not just their lack of moves, it's the fact that a ton of the moves they make are ill conceived.

I was a 6 year old boy in 1969, so I lived through the glory years. I will always love the Orioles, but I can't spend my precious time watching crap. I am disgusted in the past couple of years how this organization has went down hill. I am sick of the FO putting garbage on the field and insulting my intelligence trying to convince the fans that they will be a competitive team. This team is worse than the 5th place team from last year. I will spend this summer spending my evenings with my family. I can't continue to support that clown that owns the team. He couldn't care less about the fans or winning. He only cares about money and he is still getting all that guaranteed money from MASN. He doesn't even care about the gate. Attendance is just a bonus for him. I sure hope his sons aren't like him. If so, we may never win another world's series. At least I saw 3 of those, and a lot of great winning baseball, back in the glory days. Saddly, those days are long gone.

Also I have no desire to watch Chris Davis and Mark Trumbo strike out 200 times each this year.  With Schoop and Machado having their fanfest tantrum there are not much to root for on this team.   Other than Adam Jones who is there even to like on the team?

1 hour ago, cimota said:

Also I have no desire to watch Chris Davis and Mark Trumbo strike out 200 times each this year.  With Schoop and Machado having their fanfest tantrum there are not much to root for on this team.   Other than Adam Jones who is there even to like on the team?

Ryan Flah... oh wait lol

8 hours ago, cimota said:

And yet, here you are...

8 hours ago, cimota said:

Bundy.

Mancini seems like a nice guy.

Archived