TT: Could the Orioles be Prepping to be Sold?

Tony-OH

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt that it's prep for a sale. The sale of sports franchises are usually well-planned affairs that actually take months to negotiate. I would think that a new ownership group would prefer not to take ownership at the start of a season. 

We are just witnessing incompetence. 

Hopefully Angelos is selling the team. I fear the lack of activity has more to do with the MASN dispute (crying poor) than anything else.

I'd like to get my hopes up he's selling the team. Atleast I'd be excited for that. I honestly don't care if the season started tomorrow.  I am just not excited. I can only imagine what July will be like when they're 20 games out already.

23 minutes ago, Rich Mac said:

I doubt that it's prep for a sale. The sale of sports franchises are usually well-planned affairs that actually take months to negotiate. I would think that a new ownership group would prefer not to take ownership at the start of a season. 

We are just witnessing incompetence. 

The sale would be after this season. When Jones, Manny, and Britton are off the books.

2 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Hopefully Angelos is selling the team. I fear the lack of activity has more to do with the MASN dispute (crying poor) than anything else.

I'd like to get my hopes up he's selling the team. Atleast I'd be excited for that. I honestly don't care if the season started tomorrow.  I am just not excited. I can only imagine what July will be like when they're 20 games out already.

Optimist.

11 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

We can hear about the thousand Machado trade offers that we don't accept... while we flip a struggling Britton for a C prospect.

Maybe he's not investing in this year's team because he too believes that they don't have a shot. Meanwhile, he expects to replace Showalter and Duquette after the season is over and doesn't want to give them authority to start building the next core.

So, Angelos is stuck, which means nothing that costs money, fan-favorite players or highly-rated prospects will happen.

39 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Optimist.

It's sad.  Usually Opening Day for me was like Christmas as a kid. Seems like it took forever to get here. Hell, it always seemed like it took forever for just pitchers and catchers to report. Now, it's here already....and I could care less. 

What's even more strange is that even during the 14 straight losing seasons I found something to be excited over. Not this year.

Anything's possible but I think this is more likely the lame duck GM issue combined with the "Angelos being Angelos" issue as Can_of_corn called it. If you were setting up for a sale, I think you would have traded Machado and probably a few others.

18 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

It's sad.  Usually Opening Day for me was like Christmas as a kid. Seems like it took forever to get here. Hell, it always seemed like it took forever for just pitchers and catchers to report. Now, it's here already....and I could care less. 

What's even more strange is that even during the 14 straight losing seasons I found something to be excited over. Not this year.

I'm excited to see how Sisco and Hays do.

Archived