Vargas to the Mets :(

FanSince88

2 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Wow, if the drop from Lynn to Lackey were an actual cliff you most certainly would not survive the fall. 

There is quite a bit of drop after Lackey as well.   After Lackey I think you are looking at minor league contracts with op outs for the players. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

At this point, I'd be okay with Dickey for #4, if he doesn't retire.  He'd eat at least 160 innings for us at somewhere between a 4 and 4.5 ERA.  

He certainly wasn't my first choice, but if we're looking at realistic options...

Dickey isn't really a "realistic" option.  As I understand it, he is heavily leaning toward retiring, with any chance of him signing being with one of the clubs reasonably close to his Tennessee home.  (Pretty much St. Louis, Cincinnati, or Atlanta.)  Extremely low chance of Baltimore signing Dickey, IMO.

9 hours ago, interloper said:

Here's who's left:

Brett Anderson

Jake Arrieta

Clay Buchholz

Trevor Cahill

Jesse Chavez

Alex Cobb

R.A. Dickey

Scott Feldman

Matt Garza

A.J. Griffin

Jeremy Hellickson

Ubaldo Jimenez

John Lackey

Francisco Liriano

Jeff Locke

Lance Lynn

Ricky Nolasco

Jake Peavy

Mike Pelfrey

Tyler Pill

Anibal Sanchez

Chris Smith

Chris Tillman

Cesar Valdez

Edinson Volquez

Would not be surprised to see Liriano and Tillman. 

Wade Miley off the board.....awwww! 

Here is his quote about last year....”it was absurd.”    Yeah, Wade, we know. 

“We picked up a few things and went at it. I had lost my release point. Last year was absurd. You lose confidence in your stuff. I worked my tail off this off-season to try to get back mechanically where I want to be. I’ve been throwing a lot. We’ll see if it pays off.”

Archived