Manny: “Thank God I wasn’t traded.”

Frobby

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trade Manny for a starter plus a prospect. And did not think about the fact that Moustakas is still out there. Sign him to a 3 year deal with an opt out after 1 or 2. 

And this may belong in the Dickerson thread, but trade Trumbo (unfortunately for nothing) and sign Dickerson. 

It would be great to see something like this done if we don't sign a Cobb/Lynn. 

This roster still needs retooling. Ideally we could get OBP, but that's gotten expensive, and it's not like Manny or Trumbo get on base much anyway. Just subbing them for a couple left handed bats and a pitcher or two. 

Moustakas will be a disaster the next few years IMO. He was always the guy who was gong to break out but didn’t...until all of the sudden he got power. His BA and OBP still aren’t good but suddenly started jacking the ball? Raises a red flag for me for the future.

1 minute ago, pdiddy said:

Moustakas will be a disaster the next few years IMO. He was always the guy who was gong to break out but didn’t...until all of the sudden he got power. His BA and OBP still aren’t good but suddenly started jacking the ball? Raises a red flag for me for the future.

Almost like a combination of changing his launch angle and the altered ball.

Or were you accusing him of something?

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I remember when everyone on the Orioles hit .380 with runners in scoring position, the whole team lived in a rowhouse next door, and we won the World Series every year.

I don't understand why good "clutch" hitters can't hit like that all the time.  Do they only really bother to try in high leverage situations?  They just mailing it in if guys aren't on base?

5 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't understand why good "clutch" hitters can't hit like that all the time.  Do they only really bother to try in high leverage situations?  They just mailing it in if guys aren't on base?

It takes a ton of energy and concentration to hit in the clutch.  If you did that all the time you'd just wither up and die.  It's like John Lowenstein said, if it wasn't for all the grounding out on purpose to get the blowouts over he'd have hit .400.

2 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

Maybe he altered his approach after years in the bigs. I haven’t read enough about him but I wonder how long that’s going to last. No accusing him of PEDs just not convinced he’s going to be any good for 3 more years.

I'm not either.  But a lot of players have hit for more power recently.

5 hours ago, pdiddy said:

Maybe he altered his approach after years in the bigs. I haven’t read enough about him but I wonder how long that’s going to last. No accusing him of PEDs just not convinced he’s going to be any good for 3 more years.

Outside of 2016, where I guess he was hurt, he's been pretty consistent offensively. Last year he just traded some walks, average, and doubles for more power (in the biggest HR year in MLB history).  He was actually a much better overall player two years ago.

16 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

"Thank God I wasn't traded.  Now I can be in a familiar, comfortable place where where I can concentrate and have a career year in a contract season and drive my price through the roof.  Looking forward to playing with the Yankees in 2019!"

"Thank God I wasn't traded to a team that would make me play 3B so I could go back to playing SS, which I have always preferred."

Archived