Tillman back. Are we happy?

esmd

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

In a vacuum, I am totally fine with the Orioles signing TIllman to a MiL deal and letting him compete for a spot in the rotation.  But because it's the Orioles, I could see them handing him the number 4 spot and saying "okay, rotation addressed!"

This is exactly my fear. I almost wish Tillman signs elsewhere to hopefully force the O’s to go harder after Lynn or Cobb.

22 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

In a vacuum, I am totally fine with the Orioles signing TIllman to a MiL deal and letting him compete for a spot in the rotation.  But because it's the Orioles, I could see them handing him the number 4 spot and saying "okay, rotation addressed!"

Yup.  I'm a big fan of Tillman's, he was a huge part of the resurgence from 2012 through 2016.  But at this point, a smart team signs him to a MiL deal with a chance to compete for the 5th starter spot.  If the O's give him a ML deal and hand him a rotation spot, they're setting themselves up for failure once again.

3 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

aaaand Tillman's back.  

I'm guessing the Orioles are done for the offseason now after today's huge victories of Pressley and Tillman.

Mission accomplished!  At least Tillman has had success in the past.  Presley is 32 and hasn't done much. Not sure why he was signed. Oh well. 

3 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

aaaand Tillman's back.  

I'm guessing the Orioles are done for the offseason now after today's huge victories of Pressley and Tillman.

They will continue to monitor the available talent....

If they come cheap they are still in play.  

1 minute ago, Yardball85 said:

Major league deal, per Encina.

*facepalm 

We were probably the only team who offered one.  Tigers saw what he had to offer and passed.  Hopefully he can turn it around.  If he gets destroyed in spring training does he make the team?

Archived