Cashner, Presley, Tillman - are the O's done now?

interloper

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Which i have listed multiple times in this thread and he got 150 million for his 4.5 billion judgement.

Like I said he recently gave over 20 million to his law school to get his family name on a building.  He isn't hurting.  

8 minutes ago, interloper said:

Who signs Lynn and Cobb? Don't want to go full wildcard over here, but they're running out of teams.

Well from what Roch says  we are done.  And it seems like Brady is the GM now from all the time he mentions Brady doing the negotiations on the contracts.

15 minutes ago, weams said:

F Lee Bailey is homeless. 

Where did you see that?    He was disbarred about 15 years ago, but I’ve never seen that he was homeless.   In any event, I wouldn’t worry about Angelos’ finances.   

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Where did you see that?    He was disbarred about 15 years ago, but I’ve never seen that he was homeless.   In any event, I wouldn’t worry about Angelos’ finances.   

Yeah, that is an exaggeration.  I did see something about him living upstairs in an apartment over top a bueaty salon with his girlfriend.  This was about a year or so ago when The People vs OJ Simpson came out.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

I am sure they kicked the tires on everything that breathe and could throw.

Brady is probably said "we can give you 1 year deal that with incentives could rise to 12 million dollars .  Hello? Hello?  Did we get disconnected?"

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

FLB's bankrupt and living with his girlfriend.

4 minutes ago, cimota said:

Roch mentions that Brady contacted Arrieta, Cobb, and Lynn's agents before  signing Tillman.  Turned out the asking prices were to high for Brady.

That is not what Roch said.    There was no mention of Brady being involved in discussions or decisions about those three pitchers.   Roch just said “the Orioles” had those discussions.  

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That is not what Roch said.    There was no mention of Brady being involved in discussions or decisions about those three pitchers.   Roch just said “the Orioles” had those discussions.  

Vice president of baseball operations Brady Anderson got involved in negotiations, as he did with Andrew Cashner. Manager Buck Showalter also reached out, from what I’ve heard, making it a team effort to retain Tillman.

The Orioles checked on Jake Arrieta, Lance Lynn and Alex Cobb, determined that there wasn’t a financial match and moved on from the trio.

To me it sounds like Brady called them as there is no mention of DD in any of the negotiations.  I think DD is pretty much out of the loop these days. 

5 minutes ago, cimota said:

Vice president of baseball operations Brady Anderson got involved in negotiations, as he did with Andrew Cashner. Manager Buck Showalter also reached out, from what I’ve heard, making it a team effort to retain Tillman.

The Orioles checked on Jake Arrieta, Lance Lynn and Alex Cobb, determined that there wasn’t a financial match and moved on from the trio.

To me it sounds like Brady called them as there is no mention of DD in any of the negotiations.  I think DD is pretty much out of the loop these days. 

Its perception, just because Brady has been involved, means automatically that DD was or wasn't involved.

I am sure Buck was involved with Tillman and the Orioles FO, he watched him thrown in their ST camp and was probably asked how he looked.

12 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Not sure the bankrupt part.

From the Portland Press Herald - June 24, 2016...

F. Lee Bailey, the superstar lawyer who was part of O.J. Simpson’s defense team, has filed for bankruptcy in federal court in Maine in an attempt to discharge a federal tax debt of nearly $5.2 million.

Archived