76 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want the O's to sign between Lynn and Cobb

• Lynn
    • Cobb

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, jamalshw said:

Considering they were an NL team as recently as 2012, all you're showing is that you became a baseball fan more than six years ago...hardly a clear sign of your age ;)

Now...if you start calling the Brewers an AL team or referencing the Washington Senators, then we may be on to something.

I call them the Senators. Sort of a poke.
Nationals is a weak team name (though I realize it was used during the Senators days). Glad our team is not the Baltimore Americans.

2 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

No Frank Howard!?

The Senators had the occasional good player, but they were a painful team to watch.    Four winning seasons in the final 35 seasons in DC (both the original franchise and the expansion team that replaced it).

Both?

At some point they need to decide to play baseball, right?

Offer each a 2 year deal at slightly higher per year with a market rate player option.

Essentially the Ubaldo $60M for two guys for half the time (plus option).

It won't happen but it would be a serious go to war with our guys move and still leave the team with flexibility when the payroll drops way off after 2019.

It might even get Manny interested in sticking around.

Id settle for just Cobb too though!

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Lincecum gets a deal with the Rangers, yet Arrieta, Lynn and Cobb are still on the market and we're headed into the 2nd week of ST.

Weird.

It's been a truly absurd offseason. Multiple teams could use starting pitchers, but aren't budging on these guys.

Some teams, meanwhile, like the Rays and Marlins, are openly tanking.

Should know soon. :D

"Well, I think the season starts in April," Duquette said. "And they're going to need three or four weeks to get ready. It'd be important to get somebody signed up three or four weeks from the start of the season. If you work back from what, the 29th of March? I think kind of March 1 as the day we'd be looking at. We've got a little more time, but it's getting to that time of year where you need to add to your team."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-dan-duquette-pitching-20180127-story.html

8 hours ago, FlipTheBird said:

It's been a truly absurd offseason. Multiple teams could use starting pitchers, but aren't budging on these guys.

Some teams, meanwhile, like the Rays and Marlins, are openly tanking.

I don't think the Rays are 'tanking.' I think they could realistically beat us (or even the Jays depending on how things break in the division). Odorizzi is a league average starter. While that would be a huge get for the O's, the Rays have enough starting depth to replace him rather easily. Dickerson was amazing in the first half, but ice cold in the second half. Souza is a big loss, but they got a nice return for him and then replaced him with Gomez. This team has lost a lot of power, but I don't think it's a particularly terrible team. They had pop last year, but that didn't help that much given they scored the second fewest runs in the AL. They're now going with more speed and less pop in Span, Smith, etc.

I don't think they'll be a playoff team in 2018 and I do think they're rebuilding, but I think that's different than tanking (which is what Miami appears to be doing).

Archived