MLB Trade Rumors Predicts We Sign CarGo

Rene88

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Jay only if Rasmus struggles in ST. Say no to CarGo. Say yes to Cobb/Lynn at 3/ 42 M.

Cobb at 3/42 would be solid.  The Twins at 2/12 for Lynn were cold blooded.  I'd definitely throw out a 2/20 for him to see if he'd bite.

My shoot the moon approach this year is to get both Cobb and Lynn...5 years of pitching for $60M is a pretty good deal.  Make it happen DD!

3 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

Cobb at 3/42 would be solid.  The Twins at 2/12 for Lynn were cold blooded.  I'd definitely throw out a 2/20 for him to see if he'd bite.

My shoot the moon approach this year is to get both Cobb and Lynn...5 years of pitching for $60M is a pretty good deal.  Make it happen DD!

Everybody was on DD for not being proactive to get SP. Now it seems the market is coming to him. Maybe he's not so dumb?

28 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Everybody was on DD for not being proactive to get SP. Now it seems the market is coming to him. Maybe he's not so dumb?

Pump the breaks. There are still quite a few teams that need pitching. He hasn’t made a strong move this offseason yet

6 minutes ago, Ndbarber said:

Pump the breaks. There are still quite a few teams that need pitching. He hasn’t made a strong move this offseason yet

The point is who ever gets these guys they will be spending a lot less than was originally estimated. Prices we never could have met. Now it is a plausable reality. We wouldn't have to go more than 3 years. By waiting he has a real chance.

6 hours ago, El Gordo said:

I like DD, but talk about a perfect storm for his approach. I mean other than Nelson Cruz. He’s gotten to have a pretty good look at the rule 5 guys and all the players in camp for that matter. Cobb, Lynn, and Arrieta are still just sitting there. 

Is it a 13 game season ticket plan to get OD tickets?  If so, if we were to sign Arrieta, you’d see a ton of those get sold. 

19 minutes ago, weams said:

The Phillies say they may sign two of the top three.

It would be good band for their buck in that division. The Marlins look like 100 losses. The Mets are middling and the Braves don’t appear to be there yet. You could have a WC team come from that division with a bloated record. 

What would it take to bring in Cargo at this point?  1 year $4million tops of course with the usual insane incentives. 

The Ideal OD roster for me right now, 

Arrieta/Cobb/Lynn, Bundy, Gausman, Cashner, Tillman

Brach, Givens, O’day, Castro, Bleier,Wright, Ynoa/Cortes

1.  Cargo RF

2.  Schoop 2B

3.  Machado SS

4.  Jones CF

5. Davis 1B

6.  Mancini LF

7.  Trumbo DH

8. Beckham 3B

9.  Sisco C

Joseph, Santander, Rasmus, Util IF

After 44 days Gentry/Rickard come up for Santander.  

9 hours ago, Rene88 said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/03/placing-the-remaining-top-50-free-agents.html

Mentions the Hays injury...has us tied to a lot of remaining free agents actually.

The only ones that excite me are Arrietta (not happening) and Cobb. 

What happened to Hays? Cobb I would like. But that's not going to happen either. 

15 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The Ideal OD roster for me right now, 

Arrieta/Cobb/Lynn, Bundy, Gausman, Cashner, Tillman

Brach, Givens, O’day, Castro, Bleier,Wright, Ynoa/Cortes

1.  Cargo RF

2.  Schoop 2B

3.  Machado SS

4.  Jones CF

5. Davis 1B

6.  Mancini LF

7.  Trumbo DH

8. Beckham 3B

9.  Sisco C

Joseph, Santander, Rasmus, Util IF

After 44 days Gentry/Rickard come up for Santander.  

I would love this. Except replace Cargo with Jay. 

7 hours ago, pdiddy said:

I would like that. 

Archived