Orioles Interested In Neil Walker and Mark Reynolds

section18

Neil Walker is washed up and are we really going down the Mark Reynold's road again? What a waste of money both of these moves would be. Typical Orioles. Compile as may many marginal / bad players as possible and hope that quantity is better than quality. Spoiler alert. It isn't. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Walker = OBP! Sign him, give Beckham some OF time/training in ST.  Could find a way to get him 400+ ABs in a super utility role.  Sign Lynn and anyone else who could fall to us at the right price and the team is better than last year fo sho!

Walker plays one position (2b) and I don't even think he does that well. He's not a utility player, he's a one dimensional waste of money. 

44 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Dan is starting to remind me of my late Grandmother.  If she thought something was cheap enough she would buy it, even if she didn't need it, had no place to put it, and had three more at home.

This 100 times over. If the Orioles were a candy they'd be a dish full of butterscotch and candy corns. 

8 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Neil Walker is washed up and are we really going down the Mark Reynold's road again? What a waste of money both of these moves would be. Typical Orioles. Compile as may many marginal / bad players as possible and hope that quantity is better than quality. Spoiler alert. It isn't. 

Neil Walker has been between 2.1 and 3.7 wins the last 7 years in a row. If that’s marginal/bad, I’ll take a whole lot more if it, especially when it’s cheap.

I know this is seriously beating a dead horse, but it’s so crazy how many passable first basemen there are that can be had for pennies these days. We payed so so so much money for Davis and Trumbo. What a waste.

2017:

Mark Reynolds: 0.9 rWAR

Chris Davis: - 0.1 rWAR

Mark Trumbo: - 0.6 rWAR

23 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

I know this is seriously beating a dead horse, but it’s so crazy how many passable first basemen there are that can be had for pennies these days. We payed so so so much money for Davis and Trumbo. What a waste.

2017:

Mark Reynolds: 0.9 rWAR

Chris Davis: - 0.1 rWAR

Mark Trumbo: - 0.6 rWAR

be careful because some troll will say you are just beating a dead horse...it hurts their feelings...

1 hour ago, Lucky_13 said:

So I guess Walker would become the 3rd basemen with Beckham moving to super utility?

Don't really get the point  of Reynolds at all. 

I always thought a Davis/Reynolds platoon would be amusing, but I wasn't serious about it.

I like Walker but not sure how he fits in lineup but to say he is washed up is just inaccurate.  Last year he .262 but with .362 bop and .801 ops.   As a left handed hitter which he would be here in platoon he hit .279 bop .376 and .854 ops. A platoon of Beckham and Walker is pretty good.  I still would like Beckham to be the everyday guy though to see what he can do still lot of upside but I can see Dans idea as well.  If Walker will take similar deal to Valencia it has to intrigue them.  He had a minor league deal from the Royals only offer I have seem.  A major league deal like Valencia might be bait for him.  

1 hour ago, El Gordo said:

Mark Reynolds at 3B is worse than Trumbo in RF.

Just about any player at any position is better than Mark Reynolds at third base.  Worst regular player I have ever had the displeasure of watching. If they have a line-up with Chris Davis, Mark Trumbo and Mark Reynolds in it I wont' be watching or attending games.  I have no desire to watch 3 guys strike out 4 times a game and make a bunch of fielding mistakes.  I am sure there are plenty of minor leaguers who are better than those guys. 

24 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

I like Walker but not sure how he fits in lineup but to say he is washed up is just inaccurate.  Last year he .262 but with .362 bop and .801 ops.   As a left handed hitter which he would be here in platoon he hit .279 bop .376 and .854 ops. A platoon of Beckham and Walker is pretty good.  I still would like Beckham to be the everyday guy though to see what he can do still lot of upside but I can see Dans idea as well.  If Walker will take similar deal to Valencia it has to intrigue them.  He had a minor league deal from the Royals only offer I have seem.  A major league deal like Valencia might be bait for him.  

I'm on board with a Walker signing at the price he's probably dropped to by now.  He also notably covers an IF spot in case Machado is traded.

Reynolds... yeah more of the same.  Only interested in a minor league deal ala Pedro Alvarez.

Archived