Trumbo out 3-4 weeks

Greg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Why not play Santander everyday?  DH against righties.  RF against lefties.

He’s looked pretty good in the outfield, might be selling short to DH him. Besides, Alvarez should never see the field if at all possible. Alvarez to DH vs RHP, Santander in RF, Mancini at 1B.

Just now, Il BuonO said:

He’s looked pretty good in the outfield, might be selling short to DH him. Besides, Alvarez should never see the field if at all possible. Alvarez to DH vs RHP, Santander in RF, Mancini at 1B.

Where is Davis?

Couple more angles on this. 

You could justify keeping a 3rd C like Sisco and have him be the LHH DH. He can C some here and there. 

You could and don’t kill me, recall Rickard. I doubt they burn a 40 man spot for this but I wound think they may want a glove to compliment Santander. Obviously Gentry can be that guy. They would have more speed and pinch running capabilities. 

If I am Alvarez here and they don’t call me up what does that say about him?  I think he will be the guy but there are other possibilities. 

52 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

A healed finger shouldn't be enough to significantly impact throwing strength nor move a player off of a position. But if you are thinking this injury could make for a convenient excuse to get Mountcastle reps at 2B when he returns, I could see that.

Or while he’s out, he should be able to field grounders with a protective brace.

28 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I wouldn't wish an injury on anyone, but realistically it's probably the only thing that will keep him out of the lineup on a regular basis. I feel like the Oriole's are a better team without him. Just my humble opinion.

I think I said somewhere else that the Orioles best lineup might be the one with $35MM sitting on the bench.

It appears Trumbo's injury is not career threatening. He will be fine. And if he needs an extra week or two or three to heal fully, that will be fine, too.

I agree with those that are saying that it does not necessarily  mean that Pedro makes the team.

It gives Santander a place to play.   LF/DH/1B for Davis, Mancini and Santander.     But if either Mancini or Santander are DHing they are not available to play the OF.   Hays or Rickard or Presley may be more useful than Pedro.

Archived