Cobb only thread

interloper

A seemingly unthinkable scenario to most of us, probably, but something not at all outside the realm of possibility. Dan was recently quoted at Fanfest saying he appreciates the support from PA, while I believe he stopped short of saying "I'd like to be back". 

What if Dan signs on for another 3 years? Despite Brady seemingly looming weirdly in the background in whatever capacity his nebulous non-job exists in.

How would you feel? What would that mean for the organization going forward? What if Buck was also signed? What if he wasn't? Does this season's success or lack thereof play a role?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, interloper said:

A seemingly unthinkable scenario to most of us, probably, but something not at all outside the realm of possibility. Dan was recently quoted at Fanfest saying he appreciates the support from PA, while I believe he stopped short of saying "I'd like to be back". 

What if Dan signs on for another 3 years? Despite Brady seemingly looming weirdly in the background in whatever capacity his nebulous non-job exists in.

How would you feel? What would that mean for the organization going forward? What if Buck was also signed? What if he wasn't? Does this season's success or lack thereof play a role?

I just hope DD doesn't get an extension. I think it would be foolhardy. 

I would very much like to have both Dan and Buck back. They have done a good job and while they are not perfect (no one is). They have been far, far better than what we had the previous 15 years and I for one will take them over what could possibly be a return to utter incompetence and futility.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

The haters will be hating life, thats for sure.

As for Brady, I guess, either he stays as 2nd banana here, or moves on, I seen nothing that suggest he is chomping at the bit to run things here.

Moves on to what? Day Manager at GNC? No one in their right mind, outside of this dysfunction organization, would consider hiring him as a GM. He has zero quals. ZERO.

Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

Moves on to what? Day Manager at GNC? No one in their right mind, outside of this dysfunction organization, would consider hiring him as a GM. He has zero quals. ZERO.

In your opinion, which you are welcome to, but i suspect he has more value than what you give him credit for.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

In your opinion, which you are welcome to, but i suspect he has more value than what you give him credit for.

This has the makings of a "but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night" commercial. Seriously, what are his qualifications? I'm unironically asking.

The past six seasons with Duquette has been the best stretch of Orioles baseball I've seen in my lifetime.  And I am not exactly young.  However, leaving him in limbo this offseason does nobody any favors.  If they wanted to extend him, it should have been done in November.  If he goes, I'd love for them to get Rizzo if the Lerners botch that relationship.

2 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

The past six seasons with Duquette has been the best stretch of Orioles baseball I've seen in my lifetime.  And I am not exactly young.  However, leaving him in limbo this offseason does nobody any favors.  If they wanted to extend him, it should have been done in November.  If he goes, I'd love for them to get Rizzo if the Lerners botch that relationship.

I beats 14 years of hell, but I am a bit older, so I remember 1996 and 1997, and not to mention 1983, of course, I remember the 60s too, but wasn't a fan then.

I do believe they should have already moved on extending him, not sure what their plans on.

I doubt the Lerners botch Rizzo up, but even he isn't perfect either.

I think Duquette is a fine baseball executive.  I think he's been hamstrung by Angelos in what he would like to do.  I don't think we'd still see Machado and Britton on this roster right now if Duquette were truly in charge.   

I would personally rather see a new manager than get rid of Duquette, though I think he and Buck could continue to work fine together.   

All that being said, there's no way Duquette will be in Baltimore this time next year.   

Archived