Cobb only thread

interloper

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Just a friendly reminder -

If anyone here thinks that the next GM of this team is anyone other than Brady Anderson then they are very likely mistaken.  Assuming Angelos is still alive to make the call.

If I'm not mistaken, Brady has played a key role in the Davis, Trumbo, and O'Day signings.    

If I am mistaken, I apologize.   If I'm not, we could be in a big heap of trouble.

13 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

If I'm not mistaken, Brady has played a key role in the Davis, Trumbo, and O'Day signings.    

If I am mistaken, I apologize.   If I'm not, we could be in a big heap of trouble.

As I have stated before, just because Brady helped negotiate one or more of those deals it does not necessarily follow that he was in favor of those deals.

18 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

As I have stated before, just because Brady helped negotiate one or more of those deals it does not necessarily follow that he was in favor of those deals.

So, we are going with no one wanted to sign Davis, Trumbo or O'Day....they just sorta all got together and made it happen?

Kumbaya

You are right of course, I just have to chuckle at the lack of accountability that projects...

1 minute ago, foxfield said:

So, we are going with no one wanted to sign Davis, Trumbo or O'Day....they just sorta all got together and made it happen?

Kumbaya

You are right of course, I just have to chuckle at the lack of accountability that projects...

I think Buck and Dan really wanted O'Day.

I think Angelos really wanted Davis.

Trumbo..................yea, i'll get back to you.

2 minutes ago, Aglets said:

I think Buck and Dan really wanted O'Day.

I think Angelos really wanted Davis.

Trumbo..................yea, i'll get back to you.

I wanted O'Day, nothing in his history, suggested he was going to get hurt.

He was healthy enough to pass the Oriole physical.

4 solid years of above 2.0 WAR as a reliever, the last at 2.8

It wasn't like they signed him to closer money either.

13 hours ago, El Gordo said:

I don't know what your point is, mine is that Buck was once considered for GM so it wouldn't be a surprise to see him get promoted next year, assuming Dan doesn't stay on.

You linked to an article that stated the 5 main candidates for the Orioles GM job from 2011.  I am commenting on the article.  If you did not want comments on an article why post it?

Note that none of the 5 guys listed is Buck.   I am not sure why you post an article and then when I comment on the article you asked me what my point is.  My point is we lucked out  that those guys turned us down.   I think if Buck had been seriously considered for GM the search wouldn't have dragged on like it did.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I’m optimistic about O’Day in 2018.    He was very strong in the second half last year.    

2 minutes ago, cimota said:

You linked to an article that stated the 5 main candidates for the Orioles GM job from 2011.  I am commenting on the article.  If you did not want comments on an article why post it?

Note that none of the 5 guys listed is Buck.   I am not sure why you post an article and then when I comment on the article you asked me what my point is.  My point is we lucked out  that those guys turned us down.   I think if Buck had been seriously considered for GM the search wouldn't have dragged on like it did.

We had fake news on OH, long before it became popular on FB. :):):)

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

April 27, 2011Texas Rangers placed RHP Darren O'Day on the 60-day disabled list. Surgery to repair a partial tear of the labrum in his left hip.

August 30, 2011Texas Rangers placed RHP Darren O'Day on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to August 25, 2011. right shoulder inflammation

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

Sure, you go back far enough, you find out I had the mumps at 12.

Nothing in his 4 years as an Oriole showed any inklings of this.

Of course, with any pitcher, you are one pitch away from the DL.

Just now, Aglets said:

And he pitched over 60 innings in relief every year for 4 years after that.

Establishing a record of being healthy......like Rick was saying.

He said "nothing in his history".  I consider a repaired labrum and a bout of shoulder tendinitis (throwing arm) things.

Now was he covered in red flags?  No.  But he didn't have a clear history.

Archived