Cobb to Orioles (Confirmed by Roch Kubatko)

Greg

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, weams said:

DY0nVRkVMAACPFf.jpg

I laughed when I read this because I remember a story of Hemingway told by the guides at his home in Key West.  The original Sloppy Joe's bar was closing and getting rid of items.  Hemingway decided to carry a marble urinal (four feet tall and heavy) from N Duval St to his home about a mile or more away.  The next morning when his wife at the time saw it, she told him to get rid of it.  (Or maybe he had it for a while and later she decided she did not want to see it)  Anyway, that urinal still sits outside his pool as a flower pot or something.  He remained happy with it!

1 hour ago, OrioleDog said:

This is where you have to have a little bit of the blind orange faith that maybe Dan, Buck, or some anonymous analyst, and it is anyone's guess who it would be -  know some little something that PECOTA/Zips/Steamer, etc. don't know.  A nugget about how the ballpark plays, or contact management, or how to use a bullpen (though I think Buck not dry humping is most of that) of Orioles intellectual capital.  

For the sustainability of Oriole competitiveness, I'm glad this secret - possibly imaginary - ingredient hasn't become common knowledge.  I'm not sure why we haven't stunk as projected most of this decade, but I'm glad we haven't, and have a little hope it hasn't *all* been cluster luck, a once-in-a-lifetime bullpen WPA, etc.

Wow!  Once again why I pay the big bucks!  Nicely done,  but you did omit BABIP, xFIPS (well, covered by etc.) but iced it with a grand dollop of positivity and down home RRick why-notism.  Dreamer too I am!

2 hours ago, interloper said:

How's that Cobb to the Phillies rumor doing, Rene88?

The guy shared some inside info and it didn’t work out. Stuff changes. He ran his source by the mods. 

We always complain that the local media gives us no info. We get a little bit of inside info then  people give the guy crap. Next time we just won’t get any info. 

14 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The guy shared some inside info and it didn’t work out. Stuff changes. He ran his source by the mods. 

We always complain that the local media gives us no info. We get a little bit of inside info then  people give the guy crap. Next time we just won’t get any info. 

Just a harmless joke. I'd rather have insiders than no insiders. It's more fun.

51 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I prefer that when we put stuff out there that is not from the media, that we treat it as a possible rumor. I also prefer that we not give a guy a hard time because he heard something that does not come true. I had heard that Michael Sanders was signing a MiLB with Baltimore but that never transpired. Rene knows a couple people. He might hit on something sometime. 

Archived