Welp, Are We Officially Worried About Brach?

MagicBird

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These kind of decisions are why I have some issues with Buck's decision making. Brach doesn't have the mental makeup to close. Never has. Givens would have been much better choice IMO. It's clear Brach is a setup man and nothing more.

Just now, gtman55 said:

These kind of decisions are why I have some issues with Buck's decision making. Brach doesn't have the mental makeup to close. Never has. Givens would have been much better choice IMO. It's clear Brach is a setup man and nothing more.

The "closing" thing may have been the issue in the past. Now he's just not good at getting guys out . . . ever.

Just now, scbalt52 said:

I don't think we should have a 'closer' but that battle is lost in the MLB these days. Move Castro to closer then, I think he could do well there.

If we are going to be a bad team, just let Scott and Yacabonnis stay up and get consistent work out of the pen.

5 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

If we are going to be a bad team, just let Scott and Yacabonnis stay up and get consistent work out of the pen.

Who do you send down though?  They can't keep a 3 man bench forever.

Other than going 3 man bench, the only real way to get them both up  is DFA Mike Wright - who can at least do mop up duty when they get a short start- -- and DFA Brach which isn't going to happen.

They have zero flexibility in the pen this season.  

They are a bad team but they need a guy like Wright to soak up some innings and keep the other guys healthy. 

Somehow I think Brach is going to go on the DL soon with some sort of arm/shoulder/elbow soreness

1 minute ago, LC_O's_87 said:

Who do you send down though?  They can't keep a 3 man bench forever.

Other than going 3 man bench, the only real way to get them both up  is DFA Mike Wright - who can at least do mop up duty when they get a short start- -- and DFA Brach which isn't going to happen.

They have zero flexibility in the pen this season.  

They are a bad team but they need a guy like Wright to soak up some innings and keep the other guys healthy. 

Somehow I think Brach is going to go on the DL soon with some sort of arm/shoulder/elbow soreness

DFA Brach. He's done.

Archived