Jesus Liranzo traded.

Legend_Of_Joey

o

YESTERDAY (April 2nd)

I went to the gym this morning, was there for about 5 minutes,  and the Orioles announced the Michael Saunders deal. I drove back to the gym this afternoon, was (once again) there for about 5 minutes, and they announced the Luis Ysla acquisition ........ because they do this on purpose.

Roch Kubatko

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/980943808631394305

o

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

Liranzo made easy work of AA he has it going in triple A now. This move was a bad one.

You might have an aneurysm if he came out of the pen in a close game.  13 walks in 14 innings in AAA.

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Future Cy Young, calling it now.

How to have a successful major league career:

1. Sign with or get traded to the Orioles.

2. Get DFA'ed or traded to another team because you weren't that good as an Oriole (or, alternately, you were extremely terrible as an Oriole).

3. ???

4. Become an above-average to great player, and rub it in the Orioles' faces when you play against them. This also necessarily means that, as a pitcher, the team you have a lowest ERA against is the Orioles. As a batter, the team you hit the best against is the Orioles. Guaranteed. Although maybe a SSS if you get traded to the NL.

44 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Last year, people acted like Parker Bridwell would be our next Jake Arrieta. What's he up to?

I have to admit that I thought the Bridwell reaction was a bit crazy, and I liked Bridwell.  However I really thought the Orioles had whiffed on Miranda and he is nowhere to be seen.

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I have to admit that I thought the Bridwell reaction was a bit crazy, and I liked Bridwell.  However I really thought the Orioles had whiffed on Miranda and he is nowhere to be seen.

There was also Andrew Triggs who had a hot start in Oakland that people lamented about, but has now disappeared.

1 hour ago, oceanicvoyage said:

There was also Andrew Triggs who had a hot start in Oakland that people lamented about, but has now disappeared.

True.  It is worth noting though as we add up past flash in the pan types that Tampa Bay is using just these type of players this year to build what is quickly showing through to be an effective strategy.  With a quick hook and the willingness to experiment they have quietly put together a very competitive team.

Archived