This team needs to start acting like they care.

amdcpus

1 hour ago, amdcpus said:

So now I have anger management issues for simply wanting to see some passion from this team and an inkling that they care. OK....

There is something weird and off about declaring others should act as if they have anger management issues.

You don't want passion, you want to see displays of violence. If reacting to adversity with outbursts of violence is how you act in real life when things don't go your way, I suggest you stop the cycle -- get counseling before you hurt yourself or others.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, amdcpus said:

I also want to see Cortes' smug face kicked off the team for blowing the game.

51 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I just wanted to isolate this comment. Do you really think that Cortes is even the slightest bit smug ???

o

Frank, trust me ........ I was looking directly at his face when the camera was on him, and his expressions was as smug as smug can be.

I couldn't believe it. It was as clear as day that he was/is pleased with the fact that he is making the league minimum salary while pitching badly, and that he cares nothing about the results.  

I mean, get a load of his picture while he playing for the Advanced-A Tampa Yankees last year. Are you going to tell me that that look isn't smug ???

3d93f3b9_milb.jpg

o

11 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

There is something weird and off about declaring others should act as if they have anger management issues.

You don't want passion, you want to see displays of violence. If reacting to adversity with outbursts of violence is how you act in real life when things don't go your way, I suggest you stop the cycle -- get counseling before you hurt yourself or others.

What? Everything I described is commonplace in baseball when someone is showing passion for the game, and upset that they haven't been doing well.

10 minutes ago, amdcpus said:

What? Everything I described is commonplace in baseball when someone is showing passion for the game, and upset that they haven't been doing well.

Joe Flacco was Super Bowl MVP and has never had an emotion in his life from what I can tell. Displays of emotion have nothing to do with winning baseball games either.

On 4/4/2018 at 12:09 AM, allquixotic said:

I agree that the team should act like they care, but I disagree that classic rage outbursts a la steroid users would be the proper expression of that caring.

I'd be perfectly fine with them yelling a cuss word when they give up a grand slam, or something like that. But I don't want to see our guys get fined/ejected for equipment violations, or start causing bench-clearing brawls with the other team.

Besides, they only have themselves to be mad at. Being mad would look childish if it's your fault you made a bad play. It's OK to be mad if someone else wronged you, like the Dozier fiasco, or if an umpire blows a call and you can't overturn it (like, 3 consecutive really bad strike calls or something). Then you can rage.

So far the umps haven't screwed us terribly.

Opposing teams haven't, either. Nobody's been drilled in the head with a fastball and sent to the ER. Nobody's charged the mound with an Oriole pitcher on it and started throwing punches.

Our own players' poor play and ineptitude is what is causing them to lose. They only have themselves to be mad at. They can show some fire without acting like children.

The home plate umpire screwed us badly today. I am still fuming from that. His calls were not only terrible but one sided as well. 

12 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

This is just stupidity. The vapid machismo of destroying inanimate objects is no reflection of caring. If you crave those antics, fo watch a baseball movie.

You appear to thrive on provoking the mostly even-keeled participants on OH. So, what was your screen name before your last persona was banned is the only question I have remaining about you.

I have my money on either JTrea or Cumerbundy.

I have no issue with them not going all Ortiz on equipment. If they have it pent up inside and it explodes into an offensive outburst (like it almost did last night,) then so be it. 

The worst thing would be for batters to get mad and start trying to crush everything and they turn into a team of Chris Davis's or pitchers to overthrow and turn into Rick Ankiels.

I care so much I will hurt myself and endanger others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe someone could beat the Gatorade cooler into a thousand pieces with one of Davis’ bats so the bat can feel what it’s like to make contact with something. Oh wait, Davis snapped the bat over his knee in the 3rd inning. Maybe they can use the remainder of the bat as a shank and attack the trainer with it to express their frustration!!! Then go into the clubhouse and WWE style body slam the clubhouse manager over the ping pong table!!! 

Perhaps they can all rip their jerseys off and then into tiny shreds, then stomp on the shreds in front of the dugout until they become part of the underlying soil? 

Chew on the protective netting?

Dig up the pitcher’s mound?

I’m open to ideas here, people. I want pestilence and doom. 

27 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I care so much I will hurt myself and endanger others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe someone could beat the Gatorade cooler into a thousand pieces with one of Davis’ bats so the bat can feel what it’s like to make contact with something. Oh wait, Davis snapped the bat over his knee in the 3rd inning. Maybe they can use the remainder of the bat as a shank and attack the trainer with it to express their frustration!!! Then go into the clubhouse and WWE style body slam the clubhouse manager over the ping pong table!!! 

Perhaps they can all rip their jerseys off and then into tiny shreds, then stomp on the shreds in front of the dugout until they become part of the underlying soil? 

Chew on the protective netting?

Dig up the pitcher’s mound?

I’m open to ideas here, people. I want pestilence and doom. 

Never EVER use that word!  I'm saying he needs to switch to the only original "Big League Chew" - bubble gum!

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Valid point, sir. AND ON DAY ONE OF THE MASTERS OF ALL DAYS....

Yah - speaking of issues - (to digress and hijack)  had 76 (now 74 ) the other day without a single one!

And now back to Freudian therapy session, I once laid on the couch for fifty minutes without saying a word and the shrink did not either!  Oy!

16 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Yah - speaking of issues - (to digress and hijack)  had 76 (now 74 ) the other day without a single one!

And now back to Freudian therapy session, I once laid on the couch for fifty minutes without saying a word and the shrink did not either!  Oy!

If I could upvote this three times I would.

22 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Assume you saw this?

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/masters-2018-jack-nicklaus-grandson-gary-aces-ninth-hole-in-par-3-contest-crowd-goes-wild

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yes was watching live and was flab (sorry) bergasted!  Awesome awesome shot - took one practice swing - pure - hit to perfect spot on green and it died in the cup!  Player was saying, "Keep watching GT, it's gonna go in!".  What an incredible moment in time!  Seeing the Nicklaus logo on ball as it disappeared....and the kid says later, "It was my first..."

Archived